What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

I was on grass at both shows and under an awning for the first one and the second half of the second one. Then the clouds rolled in and it cooled off nicely.

Replaced the driver side donut with a metal one. Found one of the studs had loosened up causing the donut to blow out. Then my son and I took it and the Model A to a car cruise at an independently owned auto parts store that is closong at the end of the month. I have getting most of my auto parts there for almost 45 years.

rob

One step forward two back. I left in a hurry in Monte and backed it into my daughter's Mazda. So, Monte is all repaired, she's better than before. Also had new body mounts put on (with new bolts of course), purchased from Leo Konik. No more annoying groans or chirps anymore. I did some more work on the interior, repainted the armrests and new backing plates. Came out nice. Added a right side rearview mirror so I don't back into anyone again. Monte is looking pretty sweet.

• Like 1

Glad you have her all fixed again Patrick. And new mounts too....sweet! I have a passenger side mirror too. It was added many years ago so it isn't original to the car but I love the look and the functionality for safety reasons too. Your Monte is gorgeous. :)

Finished up on "operation leaky intake" last nite and drove her to work today, so far so good. Gonna beat on this engine the rest of summer, BAD ENGINE!!! It deserves to be punished. Dropped off the replacement block at the machine shop Tuesday. New engine will be 500hp 383 full roller. Using a 71 dated 4 bolt dump truck block :)

While at GM nationals last month we picked up an alum radiator for the 72. Today the chrome radiator support cover came in went with chromepost-26-0-88949400-1437872345_thumb.jpg I also picked up a nice beefy sway bar for the front of the 72 1 3/8" post-26-0-00850600-1437872378_thumb.jpg Today I order two radiator covers one for the 70 and one  for the 72.

• Like 1

Went to a show yesterday in Lansing, won best custom paint, woo hoo! 9 montes there total only 2 first gens, mine and another 72. Very nice show with third party judging.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/06mistreSS/Miscellaneous/RE%20Olds%20Car%20Capital%20Auto%20Show%202015/DSC_2079_zpsyiptta8w.jpg

http://reoldsmuseum.org/car-capital-auto-show-2015

• Like 1

That is great Coey. The show I went to I got zilch in Roanoke IN. Did not car for the place at all. There was the downtown area and then the park area. Most all of the winners were in the downtown area.

Drove it 200 miles today.....to and from a car show in Trenton. My freshly rebuilt engine is running great, has way more power than it did and the rings have seated nicely so the oil level is staying on full. Now I'll start saving for a fresh coat of paint! $$$ LOL

Mine has developed a roaring in rear end at all speeds.Changed axle brgs and still has singing.Can hear it at 60 and same tone when going up or coming don speed.The axle hsg had rust hanging on top when I pulled the axles out might have got to otehr brgs.Never a dull minute when you think you are finally finished with rebuild

I headed north to Leechburg for the Leechburg High School Marching Band fund raising car cruise. Our club Vice President Scott Stephens runs the car cruise for the band and the students and band boosters sell food, a 50/50 and run a Chinese Raffle to raise money.

Out of the 40 something cars, there were 3 First Gen Monte's. Scott's 71, my 70 and another 70 (a potential member that both Scott and I stalked). Nice late afternoon/evening.

rob

A pair of Monte's back in the garage 11222116_1013449688690004_45579378230477

Bunch of UMI parts going on the 70 which was brough up in Carlisle during the meet. 11800072_1013561348678838_85657566651725 . The shock protectors came from the El Camino as they would not fit back on due to the placement have the disc brake kit.

Found the demon that was causing the skip in mine, #1 plug was starting to foul again in less than 1000 miles may be time to do something but havent finished collecting parts yet. I am going to avoad the dreded snowball when I do it. I will have everything all ready to do what needs to be done. I have the upper half of the motor(new) sitting in my office. Heads cam lifters ect. fenders are being worked on when I get the time getting ready to order a/c delet panel and some other stuff too. It will be an all winter long project for sure.

Never a dull moment when it comes to the Monte's. I am in pursuit of that nasty wind noise from my windows.Plus the addition of the Jeep GC steering box. Then I will tackle the A/C for the ride next year to Norwalk!! I am 80% sure we will make it a mini-vacation. I may have exhaust cut-outs on it too. 

Really cleaned up the 72 today. While polishing the front bumper I found a loose bracket behind it. Could not figure out what it was until I looked the drivers side and found it was supposed to be under the filler. Got the tools out now it is as good as it ever was. This is the first time this year I have polished the whole car. Usually do the dog house, the sides or maybe the back end. I have not had any energy to do much of anything other than ride the tractor and take long naps. Hopefully this phase of the summer has past and I can get out to the wood shop and work on projects that have set since early spring and even a couple from this past winter. I plan on going to cruise in in Pendleton IN this evening. The rain is supposed to have past us and the skies are looking brighter so it is looking good to go.

Removed the wheels to clean them inside and out and found the rt ft is leaking grease and it was all over the inside of the wheel. I assume it is a bad seal. I don't have any brg noise or other issues. I feel a snowball is starting to roll!

Bruce

yesterday I made  the breath stealing cut to remove my pass. side 1/4 panel and made the matching cut on the new 1/4. and then made a paper template to mock removing 4" of trunk and floor pan on the inner wheel house to eventually fit my semi-fatty tires..today I took my kiddies to a local car show and got a great referral for getting my axle narrowed..great show and met a fellow member there too...although Larry (lost n found) was strangely not in attendance