What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Glen....absolutely LOVE that look !!!!!!!!!!..I was wondering what it would look like and now conformation...gonna do it myself now...how far out on the chrome pieces did you go with the black ???..ie is the flat part of the grill painted to the edge..or is there chrome on the top (flat edge) also ???

• Like 1

Glen....absolutely LOVE that look !!!!!!!!!!..I was wondering what it would look like and now conformation...gonna do it myself now...how far out on the chrome pieces did you go with the black ???..ie is the flat part of the grill painted to the edge..or is there chrome on the top (flat edge) also ???

I just taped off the surface of the 2 horizontal inside chrome bars and followed the line on the outside part of the grill that was already black. Hope that makes sense. So basically everything is black except the surface of the bars and the outside ring.

image_zpsznfyg3yp.jpeg

Glen, that is the perfect custom touch to your gorgeous '70!  I have a beater grill up in MN that I am going to paint that way next summer and put it on my SS while I refurbish its stock grill.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Well I add the missing bolt to hold my steering column to the shaft under the hood. Then I  realized that I take way to many picture with my cell phone and need to use my digital camera more. Show plate and motor 12346297_1076947865673519_53269655710121 Dash pretty much done need to trim out for the radio 11216246_1076947899006849_40391449200071 Testing the side trim to get an ideal on where the patch panel needs to be trim 12345595_1076947939006845_58701692068516 The only spot to say Monte Carlo 12341141_1076947949006844_62497846536137

• Like 2

Put my Monte on a trailer and hauled it about 10miles to a storage barn for my painter so he could get a insurance job done. He has no room for my car in his current setup.

Git-er done Tony....I think I am more anxious than you. :2beers:

• Like 1

Glen, that is the perfect custom touch to your gorgeous '70!  I have a beater grill up in MN that I am going to paint that way next summer and put it on my SS while I refurbish its stock grill.  Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for that nice compliment Dennis.... It is starting to get there. Some day when you get back into MN lets hook up, you must do some car shows around the MN area?

Glen. I want her done to. But I don't want to rush my friend. :)

I keep looking at pictures I have taken of the Monte.

Hopefully we can both make the Eastern meet....I would like to see this one in person.

• Like 1

Well I add the missing bolt to hold my steering column to the shaft under the hood. Then I  realized that I take way to many picture with my cell phone and need to use my digital camera more. Show plate and motor 12346297_1076947865673519_53269655710121 Dash pretty much done need to trim out for the radio 11216246_1076947899006849_40391449200071 Testing the side trim to get an ideal on where the patch panel needs to be trim 12345595_1076947939006845_58701692068516 The only spot to say Monte Carlo 12341141_1076947949006844_62497846536137

Bob, What is that in the center of your rear molding?

• Like 1

Hopefully we can both make the Eastern meet....I would like to see this one in person.

I'm planning on having it there if it's done or not. I just need to book my hotel after I get income tax back.

My problem is if I can get the time off from work....Summer vacation is hard to come by and If I go I would want at least a 4 day weekend. Plus I need to get the trailer fixed. No way I am driving the Monte that far!!

• Like 1

I'll be driving about 900 miles to the Western Meet next year. Love driving the Monte on road trips. A few years ago i added up the number of miles I've put on the 70 Monte for first gen Monte meets since 2002 and it was 15,000 miles! I've put on about 2,000 miles on the 71 for meets.

• Like 1

I'll be driving about 900 miles to the Western Meet next year. Love driving the Monte on road trips. A few years ago i added up the number of miles I've put on the 70 Monte for first gen Monte meets since 2002 and it was 15,000 miles! I've put on about 2,000 miles on the 71 for meets.

I drove the Monte from Denver to MPLS....It was 980 Miles.....never again. Of coarse the car was in a lot worse shape than it is now. The gas peddle was all screwed up and it was like it was fighting back when pushed. I am sure it wouldn't be as bad this time but the F150 is much more comfortable to drive long distances.

I love driving my 72. It has been to Carlisle twice, Somerset KY and Hiawasse GA. It is a lot more comfortable to ride in now that I have the bolstered new foam on the front seats. It did add quite a bit of depth to the seats because now I have the adjustment all the way back and so does Glendia. Before we had them about 2/3rds to 3/4qtrs of the way back plus this Legendary Interior is of superior quality as to what I had.

• Like 1

It was about 500 miles each for me this year for the EM. The car drove beautifully there and back. I sure could have done without the rain as it rained our whole full day there and most of the way home. It was still worth it though. :)

• Like 1

Glenn in the center of the rear trim is the gas filler for the fuel cell that sit in the trunk 003_zps8823f261.jpg  We didn't want to open the trunk to fill up the car. Originally the plan was to run a stock tank but we had to give that plan up due to the exhaust running in that location.

New power steering gear box, new oil pan to stop slow oil leak, new radiator and upper/lower hoses, painted exhaust manifolds, replaced all worm clamps with tower clamps, transmission service and oil change.  All this to put the car away for the winter, but ready to go in the spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!