What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Today, Fri Dec 15, I had a good day. I responded to an ad on Craigslist about Monte parts. I drove an hour away to pick up front and rear bumpers, a 72 grille with lenses, a 72 intake with the q jet that works, headlight bezels, window felt trim, a brand new headliner,brand new taillight gaskets, a set of fender skirts (blue), and exterior and interior door handle, and a few books/repair manuals.

Congrats, That's quite a haul

rob

• 2 weeks later...

Through the floor and the upper part of the frame rail where it is welded. Sections of the floor were removed to allow for hole sawing and welding, then the floor sections were bronzed back in.

• Like 1

I took my wheels and tires to my tire guy. Last spring I bought new white stripe tires for my Monte. I drove it to Carlisle for my mini-meet and when I arrived someone commented on how bad they looked because the white stripes were BROWN. I sent my tire guy a picture of them and he agreed to replace them but due to my Surgery two days after I returned from Carlisle I was not able to address this till now. Can't wait to get her out for a Spring Car Ruise.

rob

• Like 1

I had turned my SS into a work bench, I know BAD, so I cleaned of the car of my Dodge truck parts and put them on my other toy, a 77 Buick Skyhawk {Vega Monza that sort of thing}. Give me a few weeks and Ill feel guilty bout that as well

My doors are done! Another step towards Carlisle!

I have nicer arm rests and pads to go on.

Looks great Paul, bet it will look even better on the show field in Carlisle.

rob

• Like 1

My doors are done! Another step towards Carlisle!

I have nicer arm rests and pads to go on.

I look forward to seeing it at the Eastern Meet

• 2 weeks later...

Russell, Welcome aboard the boards, we hope you like what you see here on the boards and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member.  We would LOVE to see that beautiful low mileage  Monte at the Eastern Meet in Carlisle, Pa in June.  It is a great way to get to meet many members and see a lot of First Gen Monte's.  It is a fun several days with some GREAT people.  It would not be a very long trip for you and your Monte.

rob

I'm slowly buttoning up the interior. Rear side panels, seat belts, rear seat, some wiring in the console, took measurements to order a custom shift cable that's not too long & not too short.

My phone camera makes all the blues look weird.

post-201-0-73832200-1517178376_thumb.jpg

Thanks Rob!

I'm at a loss to explain why that one seat belt is so short, it's the same length as the other two. :wacko:

And I just can't get the rear seat bottom to fully get into the retaining slots. They're in but they won't go further down then slide forward. :doh:  This makes the seat sit a little high. There's GOT to be a tool that does this.

• Like 1

I pulled the Montes out yesterday for a mid-winter warmup. It is the first time out of the garage since moving to this house Dec 16th. 

27459747_10155012396737680_5096385184872332068_n.jpg

26993912_10155012412512680_8502500995414487767_n.jpg