What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

2 hours ago, bigtankjones said:

Stared at Ole Blue while I was BBQing. I'm hoping I can get the ole girl out of the garage this summer. 

15604617285533322780839233337802.jpg

Come On Tony..... She needs to stretch her legs.... Get her out for nice drive, you won't regret it.

rob

• Like 2

So I went to Bellmore train station.

I FINALLY met Al Maddaluno and his awesome '70. There was also a '71 car for sale, black and a red one undergoing body work, I didn't notice the year.

I also met this jerk who insisted he had to squeeze into the tight spot next to me with his "hotrod" Hyundai .

Bellmore.jpg

• Like 2

Sold my '70 SS to another club member today.  Sad to see her go but it was inevitable.  Loved owning, driving and working on her for the past eight years but since I had averaged less than 200 miles a year driving her, it was time to let someone else enjoy her.  Going to hang on to my '70 4-speed in FL since I get to drive it much more down there.  Owning a first gen SS is a unique experience - one I will always treasure.

IMG_0378[1].JPG

IMG_0385[1].JPG

IMG_0392[1].JPG

Dennis, that must have been very hard to do.  That is a very pretty Monte.  I glad you sold it to one of our members to keep it in the family....so to speak.  OK, the member who bought it... come on fess up and show us some pictures of it with your new SS

rob

• Like 1

More cleaning underneath & removing parts. Getting closer to separation of body & frame. Have to work the next 20 days (12 hour shifts) though before vacation again, so not likely a whole lot may happen. If lucky, maybe an hour or 2 here and there, but it all adds up.

20190617_222906.jpg

20190617_222853.jpg

• Like 1

Hit a deer on the way home from work... Now I'm going to have to find a few front end parts... Not the best day but the deer didn't come over the hood. The other good thing if it can be good is I didn't drive my Corvette today...

Hey Paul,

Sorry to hear about the deer incident. I had a bunch of them run into the side of my 70 about 20 years ago. I guess you could say I got hit by deer. It pretty much sucks. I just got back from a ride in my 72 Corvette and you are correct.  A Corvette would be worse.

If I can help with some parts let me know.

Mike

• Like 1

This is what I have been doing for the last week.IMG_1089.JPG.8ce2543dea4dfb662b6536e9c7409e65.JPGIMG_1085.JPG.618e9ca08f809ade11a1b08474c27174.JPG

And this is what I have know.

IMG_1090.JPG.7f264df3cf9d6d128e0ee2660959011b.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG.3fe38592d3c354267a801bf73405d61c.JPG

Not finished waiting for this to dry. And then I start the buckets and rear seat springs...

IMG_1066.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Paul, 

Sorry to hear about your run in with a deer. Glad you are ok. 

Like Mike said, he  and alot of us have parts should you need anything. 

Again, glad you are ok. 

Willie! You have been busy. Lol looking good! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willie said:

Man do I have my priorities backwards!!! lol

You and me, both....:crazy:

Well I haven't updated in a very long time, but I finally have enough free time and a fire under my butt. My apologies for not taking very many pictures! My car sits on my grandfathers farm, and isn't allowed back in the shop until it rolls( He has 3 corvettes that take up a lot of space, and he doesn't like them sitting outside for long). So  usually I'm too dirty and eaten by skeeters to take a ton of pics with my phone. The rebuild is taking a bit longer than it should, because i made the mistake of not properly labeling everything, or not keeping all the fasteners but it's a good learning experience regardless! I hope to have more photos for everybody in the future! I have a donor car for the motor that I can snap a few pics of as well. Thanks!

20190617_161154[1].jpg20190621_153602[1].jpg

Finished front suspension for the most part, got steering reconnected, pulled her off blocks. Pulled it around the yard a bit with the Mule. Feels good to get her out of her secluded nook!

Tomorrow I've got to get the pressure washer going so I can give her a good bath inside and out!

20190625_165609.jpg

20190625_165531.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 72RustBucket said:

Finished front suspension for the most part, got steering reconnected, pulled her off blocks. Pulled it around the yard a bit with the Mule.

20190625_165609.jpg

20190625_165531.jpg

I love it........ One Mule Power....  Better than the current NO Horsepower

rob