What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Had some time today, so i am trying to get everything ready to have her painted. I am also trying to get the interior organized. Ran into a problem with the seat belts. Some say 10K72 and some say 4M70. i am guessing the later are incorrect for my 72 build. lol  doesn't matter they are all in bad shape. Have to get some pics to you guys.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, willie said:

Had some time today, so i am trying to get everything ready to have her painted. I am also trying to get the interior organized. Ran into a problem with the seat belts. Some say 10K72 and some say 4M70. i am guessing the later are incorrect for my 72 build. lol  doesn't matter they are all in bad shape. Have to get some pics to you guys.

YAHOO.... Way to go Willie, we are all pulling for you.  You have been working on this car so long and not had it available to drive I am sure you can hardly wait.  You are right, we really are anxious to see pictures of it.  Keep plugging away my friend and if you have issues getting the pictures of her in her new coats (of paint) email them to me and I will make sure they are posted for you.

rob

36 minutes ago, willie said:

Can't wait to see it Willie, it's been a long time coming. 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:21 AM, Searsman said:

Took her “71” to the upholstery shop for a new original style, headliner... no way I’m attempting replacing  it !... she just loves being pampered , like going to the beauty shop.. I’ll leave her there till she’s happy 😃... 

10 days later , picked her up today after her beauty appt,,, new headliner “ like original style, looks gooood “... plus driver seat repair where some jealous car show attendee knifed my seat... but it’s all fixed now ... wasn’t too bad I don’t guess... 300$ bucks for labor plus the new headliner... she’s ready to go home  and I’m glad ! 😎😃😄...... PS . Don’t forget to order new headliner insulation , you’ll need it after 50 hot years 👍🏻👍🏻🌞 

Yesterday I started to prep the 12 bolt I got for install, my first impulse was change the oil, throw it in.  I decided to put new axel seals just because it would be easier to do it with the rear on jack stands, that’s when I found the left axel bearing was missing a roller.  Axel has some pitting in the bearing path, so it will be cheaper to do it once than see if it will last, so I now have to order axels.  

NAPA has the bearing in stock so this morning I’ll be off to the parts store.  Do it right do it once, see you can teach an old dog new tricks.

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

Yesterday I started to prep the 12 bolt I got for install, my first impulse was change the oil, throw it in.  I decided to put new axel seals just because it would be easier to do it with the rear on jack stands, that’s when I found the left axel bearing was missing a roller.  Axel has some pitting in the bearing path, so it will be cheaper to do it once than see if it will last, so I now have to order axels.  

NAPA has the bearing in stock so this morning I’ll be off to the parts store.  Do it right do it once, see you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Good catch, you may want to check everything over good before ordering any parts. May be able to save on shipping if you need anything else.

23 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Ron,  I sent you a Private Message here on the boards.

rob

18 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Thank you Rob...

I sent you a PM Rob about another subject...

On 1/15/2020 at 9:06 PM, Searsman said:

Installed my new Radiator cover from FGMCC... displaying it proudly... 82787891-D878-41C1-B9A3-5DA600DCC0FC.thumb.jpeg.d687902a1a43aef258c3483378878a17.jpeg

Where did you get the 454 cover plate, or is this a 2 piece kit with the FGMCC COVER? 

What did I do on a rainy Saturday?. Replaced front disc back dust plates,, can’t really see them but I know there there 👍🏻.. but really you can see them from under front view of car..

sure wish I had a car lift, this was tough on an old man .. but worth it..

chisled away 49 years of dried grease too...

5D98FB8D-3A05-4702-B9BE-6F63E512CC63.jpeg

DABC0D4E-E55C-4F9F-B389-04E2775DA02E.jpeg

0539E8FC-B950-4F38-9147-A0D5901E437C.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Looks good, rainy day you say eh? It was 7 degrees this morning and we got about 6 inches of snow today but I still went to rv show today. Just kicking tires, I love the camper we have.

Yal saw that on radar headed your way, was all rain thru here . 54 here yesterday , 21 this morning.. .. My camper is almost as old as my monte ..🤣....drive safe up there

• Like 1