What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Put this in the live and learn column, it was time to change transmission fluid and filter so I figured I would change the pan with a nice chrome one. Well it leaked real bad for no apparent reason so I pulled it back off and saw nothing wrong with it but I cleaned up and painted the original one and put it back on, no leaks at all. So now I have a nice shiny item to hang on the garage wall. Took it out today it  ran great. 

20200514_142938.jpg

• Like 2

Steve,

Look at it this way, more people will see it hanging on your garage wall than they would mounted under your car on the tranny.  

rob

• Like 1

hey steve car looks good glad to see it out I used a deep alum pan no leaks hopefully our fearless leader lets us out for cruise nites/car shows soon R/F pic is good

• Like 1

Of course Steve, In Carlisle, if one of us puts a mirror under the car so people can see the ratty original tranny pan rather than the chrome one hanging on the garage wall we will all know.

rob

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Of course Steve, In Carlisle, if one of us puts a mirror under the car so people can see the ratty original tranny pan rather than the chrome one hanging on the garage wall we will all know.

rob

It's not ratty Rob I did clean it up and painted it silver. It came out pretty good.

Steve, just have Rob place the mirror directly under the pan. People will not see anything but the pan, and it will look great just like the rest of your car!!!

• Like 1

Finished installing the rebuilt heater box and fancy radio. Everything with the air conditioning system finally works as advertised and all I need now are new tires and the car is ready for the trip north to the eastern meet. The goal now is to put as many miles on it as I can between now and then so I can justify a fresh oil and filter change before we head up to Carlisle.

1 hour ago, Michael Boyte said:

Steve, 

That's a nice looking camping setup you've got there . I like the two entry doors.

And with that truck it never realizes it's even pulling anything !!

Yea we love it and really enjoy camping, as far as truck yea it pulls it just fine but it does use a lot more gas. Only got about 9 mpg but there was quite a few hills where we went but the other truck I had only got about 8 so it's an improvement. 

Looking great!

One comment you probably already know, but others may not, the inside of the taillights need a coat of white paint for better reflectivity of the bulbs.

I remember NOT doing mine and wow were they dim / dark.

Bruce

1 hour ago, stangeba said:

Looking great!

One comment you probably already know, but others may not, the inside of the taillights need a coat of white paint for better reflectivity of the bulbs.

I remember NOT doing mine and wow were they dim / dark.

Bruce

Thanks! I brought this up with my grandpa (shop supervisor). I'll be putting white in later.