What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Did an inventory of what NEEDS to be done vs what I want and ordered a bunch of stuff, including a refreshed/rebuilt Quadrajet to replace the 650 double pumper the previous owner added. 

Vintage Air shipped my system yesterday and it should be here Saturday, but that's going to be a winter project.

• Like 2

Still putting on break in miles and dodging rain clouds lol. Did a final tweak on the tune up last week and it screams now with the 3.55 gears. Noticed a few greasy paw prints (have no idea how they got there after working on the rear for days lol) so did a quick spray on detail wax. Thought I still had some good stuff but the bottle was empty, so thats an order for Monday. I used the 303 aerospace protectant (recommended on a different thread) on the top and I thought it came out nice so I too would recommend. 

Saturday.jpg

• Like 3

Had to laugh, not trying to jump on the new wheels bandwagon in Tom's thread. My buddy dropped of a set of "lite" wheels yesterday, 15 X 8 , 4.5 BS that he's had "in stock" for awhile. They might not be the prettiest but they will do the job. Took a brillo pad to them, look better than when he dropped them off lol 

Wheels.jpg

Got the doors back on! Was surprisingly easy to do alone, with a jack, and some cursing. Small problem however...I ordered the parts from Inline Tube, and both kits were 1 piece short. One side was short  a press nut, the other was short the splined bushing...which is a little more important. So they are back on, but one side doesn't sit how it should for now. A got a little glass over my welds on the deck lid sanded down, and got it back on the car. Fitting it will be another day, I'll need to get some shims. Also got both bumpers hanging. Rear will get tightened up when the white on the extensions is dried, and the license plate holder is finished.

e600463570_20200812_2020111.thumb.jpg.e76ae4f6b42dc86dce65b81509db2738.jpg

Got the shifter that I got from Jared put back together, half mounted for now.

1073450947_20200812_2019391.thumb.jpg.f8388c68be8fb16a51d08d93af08ee62.jpg

The only thing I think I need to buy to put the front end together are the inner fenders, which I understand I should get from Parts Place.

• Like 1

I took the original 300hp 350 in for a rebuild...

I removed it 28 years ago and stored it in my shop.  I plan to keep it basically stock except for a roller cam , lifters and a few upgrades ...

Any recommendations on lift and duration would be appreciated.

I installed a 700r4 about 8 years ago with an 1800 stall convertor.... When I installed the 700r4 , I originally went to a stall speed of 2400... Drove the car 300 miles to a car show and got horrible fuel economy ......  The 700r4 with the 1800 stall gives me a drop of about 500 rpm when compared to the  stock th350.... .... At 60mph it runs at 1800rpm,,,,  80mph it turns about  2400 rpms.... Great gas milage.

Edlebrock 650, Edlebrock,,,,, performer intake.  

Ed C.

11952017_966593163386598_4070334080118096625_n.jpg

An update on my car, been out putting some miles on it, getting everything broken in again the new driveshaft is working out pretty nice, laid down a bit of rubber just to see if it would, not a problem. 

90795B70-7172-49F7-8611-C8809F4B0346.jpeg

• Like 5

Plumbed the Roll Control (line loc) yesterday, now just have to connect the wires for the switch and light. Hope to get that done today if it doesn't rain, wish it wasn't so bloody hot out though lol. Learned something else, you can't just order any 1350 u-joint for the drive shaft at the rear, apparently with the TH400 the caps aren't all the same size so i'll be returning my mistake to summit lol. Luckily the local NAPA had one in stock so only a small set back.

Hope to take tomorrow off and take the DD to the track, the race that was canceled due to the hurricane got rescheduled for tomorrow. 

LL.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 71MonteCarloMD said:

Inserted spark plug wire heat shield sleeves

D68D51FA-D0A7-4BFB-9FDE-41D079E861C8.jpeg

B24E6BD2-F2C6-46C7-83BB-00C675318BBA.jpeg

Hey Rick, did you make your spark plug wires or were they pre-made? I was looking at heat shields but a lot of comments were made that they wouldn't fit over the boots. 

On 8/17/2020 at 8:20 AM, DragCat said:

did you make your spark plug wires or were they pre-made? I was looking at heat shields but a lot of comments were made that they wouldn't fit over the boots. 

Mark, no I didn’t make my own wires as I used other end on the wire where it goes to distributor then push it through the sleeve down.  I had to tape up the rubber boot on each to get it through the sleeves “O” ring.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 71MonteCarloMD said:

Mark, no I didn’t make my own wires as I used other end on the wire where it goes to distributor then push it through the sleeve down.  I had to tape up the rubber boot on each to get it through the sleeves “O” ring.

Thanks for the update 

59 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Ok. I have to ask, what is it ? 

A new game...guess the part in the box?

I'm guessing a cover plate for the radiator ...