What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

A new game...guess the part in the box?

I'm guessing a cover plate for the radiator ...

Correct! You win a beer! :grin:

And if you guessed wrong, You still win a beer! :grin:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Bell said:

Correct! You win a beer! :grin:

And if you guessed wrong, You still win a beer! :grin:

LOL, I like this game!!  :2beers:

• Like 1

Well some bad news. Thursday we pulled the lt1 back out to swap out the oil pan, give it a once over and prep for a re ring, found a spun bearing. 

So it looks like the fast cheap option is out the window. I'm talking to my cousin who does circle track racing, he may have something I can work with. 

I got it all back together. Just need to fill up with coolant and fire it up. Then I’ll find out where all my oil leaks are. LOLB3CCCD92-96AE-43B3-A971-4DB3ED71B8D5.jpeg

33F89E7D-B9DA-48AD-AA57-1EC865368B99.jpeg

95F7D50C-461E-42E9-9949-5417B579336A.jpeg

• Like 8

Doh! It didn’t leak yesterday on the first drive. It leaked today. I guess after the first heat cucle the gasket shrunk. Looks like I have some touching up to do after I tighten it.

4727DAE7-C7A7-41AB-AF7B-B574C45E2AF4.jpeg

Your engine looks great! (not the leak) This is the way I like to see our engines, stock!

Bruce

Hey all, 

Today , and yesterday my brother and son assisted me on installing a rechromed rear bumper, "in stock" over 20yrs from bumper boys. Finally opened it and was pleasantly surprised at the chroming quality. I guess I purchased it when bumper boys were doing good work and a 6yr old new Goodmark front bumper, also in stock. 

Before installing the bumpers we installed rechromed front and rear bumper guards. Those have been in stock for only 4 years. Lol

We also installed the 3 pieces of lower chrome under the trunk. In stock longer than the rear bumper. At the time we also installed new license plate lamp assy, and both reverse lamp housings and lens', and rear bumper corner rubbers.Only in stock a yr and a half. 

IMG_20200830_133147.jpg

IMG_20200830_133133.jpg

IMG_20200827_125629.jpg

IMG_20200827_125634.jpg

IMG_20200827_125639.jpg

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Hey all, 

Today , and yesterday my brother and son assisted me on installing a rechromed rear bumper, "in stock" over 20yrs from bumper boys. Finally opened it and was pleasantly surprised at the chroming quality. I guess I purchased it when bumper boys were doing good work and a 6yr old new Goodmark front bumper, also in stock. 

Before installing the bumpers we installed rechromed front and rear bumper guards. Those have been in stock for only 4 years. Lol

We also installed the 3 pieces of lower chrome under the trunk. In stock longer than the rear bumper. At the time we also installed new license plate lamp assy, and both reverse lamp housings and lens', and rear bumper corner rubbers.Only in stock a yr and a half. 

IMG_20200830_133147.jpg

IMG_20200830_133133.jpg

IMG_20200827_125629.jpg

IMG_20200827_125634.jpg

IMG_20200827_125639.jpg

Looks great, nice work

• Like 3

I love it.  Funny you should post this.  Recently I kept hearing a rattling sound.  Patsy could hear it also.  From where she was sitting it sounded like it was coming from the dash in front of her on the passenger side, for me sitting in the drivers seat it sounded like it was coming from the dash on my side.  It drove us crazy for days.  Then the noise went away.  About a week or so later it was back again and again we kept touching things on the dash to see if we could make it stop. The next day it was gone.  That same day I went up to where my Monte is stored and I lowered the sun visor on the drivers side and pushed the button for the garage door opener.  On the way home the noise was back and like a brick up the side of the head it "Hit" me.  

The garage door opener is mounted so it is no the upper side of the visor when it is in the up position so when the visor is up the headliner is up against the buttons on the garage door opener but when the visor is down and you are driving the buttons sit in the opener loosely and will rattle just enough to be irritating.  This noise was reflecting off of the windshield causing it to sound like it was coming from the dash..... Rattle Solved

rob

• Haha 2

We all get those odd sounds that turn out to be nothing but an object rolling back and forth or vibrating...sometimes when you can locate it turning up the stereo seems to help, lol.