What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

I had a customer a few years ago that brought his new Silverado back to the dealership complaining about a rattle. Turned out to be his flashlight in the console. He was a little embarrassed. I was just glad it was an easy fix!

1 hour ago, sbarnette said:

I had a customer a few years ago that brought his new Silverado back to the dealership complaining about a rattle. Turned out to be his flashlight in the console. He was a little embarrassed. I was just glad it was an easy fix!

And you got to charge him also

Lol ok, get this, when working at a dealer in my younger (18) years we had a police car come in with a rattle/noise when taking off and stopping. After many people looking at it, I found a half filled bottle of pepsi, glass bottle, again showing my age, sealed inside the right rocker, yes inside. Got rid of the bottle and the noise. Lol. Ask about the moldy tuna fish sandwich left inside the rear door in another police car. P U! Lolol

Went to a cruise in the other night met with Bob (Bob71) while we were standing there talking and looking at my radiator cover he noticed my choke pull off was in 2 pieces.  I looked at it today and it just snapped back together.  I love easy fixes 😊 I finally got it inspected too it was due in july. Better late then never. Unfortunately the last 3 shows in our area have been canceled so I guess  I'll just be crushing around. 

• Like 1

My brother, myself, son and 4 other friends took our cars out for the first time this year and all cruised down the the beach together for a gathering of around 100 cars that takes place every Sunday. 

We had the only Monte Carlos there and both SS454s. 

PXL_20200913_142940568.jpg

PXL_20200912_215246274.jpg

PXL_20200912_215255079.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bob 71 said:

hey steve went to car show yesterday at fast eddies in cato saw a 72 there and a third gen also.found 2 car shows next weekend weather permitting. still usual cars and coffee and other cruise nites

Where are the 2 shows, I only knew of little york and jordan, both canceled. 

As it's finally not blast furnace hot on a free day for me, I finally worked on my wiring harness.

Consolidated wires, removed a few not needed and shortened a few.

I'm setting up a system that kicks both fans on at full speed when the AC compressor comes on.

The new engine needs a new converter. Add another thousand bucks to the list. 😟

Before & after:

mess 1.jpg

mess 2.jpg

• Like 2

Got her back to the house after engine swap and FiTec install. She was idling in the garage while I put The trailer up. When I got back to her I saw a big puddle of antifreeze on the floor. Heater core is leaking! Arg. And I thought my boat was a black hole for money. LOL

hey steve where was that cruise in? sorry about not getting back to you had problems getting on web site. im a computer dummy my wife got me on for tonite. there is a cruisin into waterville sept 19 not sure cruise or car show. car show sept 20 pullin for a cure kuyahoora town park cold brook st poland ny. found them at jdcarshow.com way at bottom with a bunch of cancelled shows. i bought raffel tickets for a lawn tractor so i know there is a show.

30 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

hey steve where was that cruise in? sorry about not getting back to you had problems getting on web site. im a computer dummy my wife got me on for tonite. there is a cruisin into waterville sept 19 not sure cruise or car show. car show sept 20 pullin for a cure kuyahoora town park cold brook st poland ny. found them at jdcarshow.com way at bottom with a bunch of cancelled shows. i bought raffel tickets for a lawn tractor so i know there is a show.

That was at 3 rivers last night. I'm going down to Lebanon valley this weekend for show on Sunday and nostalgia drag racing too with my brother. Gonna visit with my mom in Latham too.

A little cool today but not to bad a day for a car show at Lebanon valley race track. Pretty good turnout they announced 300 cars. Mine was the only first gen but did talk at another member from Connecticut and another guy that has a 70 that I gave a club card.

20200920_121144.jpg

• Like 2