What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

had my 71 on jack stands all this week, put in a new fuel tank and gas sender, electric pump and fuel line, and a holley sniper stealth, started first time after using the wizard, the planning, routing and parts runs took more time then the install

We have a Facebook group in my home town, its called "growing up in liverpool " people sometimes post old pictures.  This one was posted today of a tire shop that has been around for many years sadly enough they just closed about a month or so ago. Notice the cars out front. I didnt notice it, my girlfriend saw it and told me. Told you shes a keeper.

FB_IMG_1601679424135.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

That is the coolest option I've ever seen !

Great eye there Aaron .

Once the guy got the blender for the fusion generator running I just had to post the picture, lol not sure what I did but this is one beautiful national champion MC at Carlisle, only one I saw. It drew a great deal of attention 

Nothing exciting, its been raining every stupid day but I did change the oil one morning lol. I think I mentioned this in the header thread but I could only remove the filter sideways, that was fun. I ordered a drive shaft loop so if I can get a sunny day thats next on the to do list. 

Got customer cars out of the shop so I could get to my '71.  This weekend I replaced the idler arm, pitman arm, front coil springs, front lower control arms, front shocks, front upper control arm bushings, rear coils and did an alignment. Found a set of 15X8 rally wheels earlier in the week ($150 for all 4 with centres and rings) so I put 2 on the rear to see how it looked. The front end came up 3 inches and the rear came up 2 1/2 with the new Moog coils. Hope to get to the rear control arms and bushings soon. 

33242A6D-EA6E-4B82-9E1A-FA7FB11A772B.heic

3 minutes ago, Huggee said:

Got customer cars out of the shop so I could get to my '71.  This weekend I replaced the idler arm, pitman arm, front coil springs, front lower control arms, front shocks, front upper control arm bushings, rear coils and did an alignment. Found a set of 15X8 rally wheels earlier in the week ($150 for all 4 with centres and rings) so I put 2 on the rear to see how it looked. The front end came up 3 inches and the rear came up 2 1/2 with the new Moog coils. Hope to get to the rear control arms and bushings soon. 

33242A6D-EA6E-4B82-9E1A-FA7FB11A772B.heicUnavailable

Wow, that’s a lot of work, amazing what new springs will do , awesome job, keep at it 👍

• Like 1

My block finally got some love at the machine shop, I guess my guy super busy Glenn is getting tired of me harassing him to work on it.

Piston rings were filed to fit and cam bearings were whacked in place.

Tomorrow I'll wash the block & drop in the crank and it'll come home to MCG.

Waiting on smaller rod bearings and I can get the short block assembled.

block rings.jpg

block cam bearings.jpg

• Like 4

Well I haven't updated in a while, but I've still been working. I just haven't done much to be shown off in pics. 

After finding spun bearing in the LT1, it's now on the back burner.  I have an old 355 that used to be a relative's circle track engine. Got that cleaned up with a quick shot of paint. 

Because I'm not using the LT1 I have no accessories or brackets...luckily grandpa used to be a hot rodder, and made his living doing machine work and motor swaps etc. Back of the shop is basically a swap meet or u pick lot. Most of my nights have been spent looking for a correct, and working, version of everything I need. Stripped everything and painted. Last night we finally got most of the pieces in, and it ran! Have some more parts on order to get transmission freshened up, finish coolant system, air cleaner. 

We threw the fenders on before I left to check clearances and quality of my body work. My passenger side isn't right and may need to be redone. 

20201012_181432.jpg

20201012_181443.jpg

20201012_181451.jpg

20201012_181507.jpg

• Like 3