What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

6 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Went out to change center link today, cotter pins came out nicely nuts came off nicely but couldn't get the tie rod ends to break free. Not enough room to swing a hammer at pickle fork. So I went out today and got an air chisel with the pickle fork end. Will try again tomorrow. But it is a beautiful day out there anyhow.

That will get it done 

First real drive since I completed the work on "the old Girl" (my 29 Model A Ford.  She is running great, steering straight and stopping better than she ever has.  

20210408_133845.jpg20210408_133831.jpg20210408_133818.jpg20210408_134004.jpg20210408_133908.jpg

• Like 6

Enjoy Rob. My brother Jim York, Springs PA is having the 29 Model A he inherited from his Father in-law redone. He is not doing a full restoration just a good redo so it can be driven and enjoyed. They did do a frame off  and he got to put the brakes together and some other chassis work.  The shop welcomed him to come in and do the grunt work. They are getting close to setting the body back on the frame. 

I added one of those lowrider consoles from Cupholdersplus. Nice quality and their Ivory color matches the sandalwood interior fairly well.

20210412_101300.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 6:32 AM, sbarnette said:

Finally sunshine and 65 degrees, so I drove her to work today 

365C3F4F-19AA-4580-BC4A-8718B0DB223A.jpeg

I always liked the white/black full halo '70 combo...there was a car for sale in denver,NC a couple years back just like yours...just curious...is this it??

On 4/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, willie said:

Great Job on the snowball Rob!!!   I would think all those parts would be hard to get. Did you have any problems getting them?  She is now able to do the cross country run!!   Niiiice

Rob i'm on the same page as Willie...how do you guys get parts??  how many are just saved and traded from non drivable cars, anything 'VVONOS"  as in "very very old" ,or rebuild kits ,hand made,etc--after all, she makes our montes look like kids, and by the way the pics of your completed work-she looks great and very happy!!!

On 4/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, willie said:

Great Job on the snowball Rob!!!   I would think all those parts would be hard to get. Did you have any problems getting them?  She is now able to do the cross country run!!   Niiiice

Willie,

No the parts are very easy to get.  There are many vendors but the one I use is about a 45 minute drive from our house in New Springfield, Ohio.  They specialize in Model A and Model T parts.  Here is their site https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/   Parts for Model A Fords are easier to get than most any other antique vehicle.

rob

43 minutes ago, Blake350 said:

Rob i'm on the same page as Willie...how do you guys get parts??  how many are just saved and traded from non drivable cars, anything 'VVONOS"  as in "very very old" ,or rebuild kits ,hand made,etc--after all, she makes our montes look like kids, and by the way the pics of your completed work-she looks great and very happy!!!

Brian, 

As you can see from my response to Willie, the parts are very easy to get.  Click on the link I responded to Willie's post and I think you will see I can get most anything I need.  There are companies who make interiors exactly like factory new including the types of materials.

rob

28 minutes ago, Blake350 said:

Oops thx Rob for some reason I didn't see your reply my bad...but I am curious and will take a look!

No problem Brian, I had just replied to Willie a couple minutes prior to responding to your post.

rob

28 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

No problem Brian, I had just replied to Willie a couple minutes prior to responding to your post.

rob

Thanks for sharing that link Rob, I sent it to my brother he may need some parts for the 26 coupe hes in the process of building. Not stock but some of the body parts are stock. He found a real body hes using.

13 hours ago, Blake350 said:

I always liked the white/black full halo '70 combo...there was a car for sale in denver,NC a couple years back just like yours...just curious...is this it??

Thanks! This is my first vinyl top car, but I really like the combo as well. I don’t think this is the Denver, NC car you mentioned. I have owned this car for 4 years. I believe it’s been in the Raleigh, NC area at least from the late 1990’s to early 2000’s

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Canuck said:

255/60s

Looks good, I’m planning on ordering those same tires today.  My local tire dealer is willing to let me try these in 275’s on the back, no charge if they don’t work, what do you think clearance will be like?