What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

My 71 has been in storage for between 3 and 4 years in a buddy’s warehouse that’s a little over an hour away. The tires on the car were close to 30 years old, and the two front tires had blown out just sitting there. I have been trying to work it into my schedule to get up there and replace the tires so I can bring her home and give her some much needed attention. My buddy text me week before last and sent pictures. He put a set of tires on the car, put a battery in it, and had it detailed! I was up there yesterday on business and drove her. I’m taking my 86 SS Monte up there Saturday and bringing the 71 home. The first project will be reupholstering the seats and new carpet.

14FCBE6A-5C1D-465A-94DF-B3E8EB1194EE.jpeg

0731128D-9595-47F2-A442-1B6D8EB7F7E2.jpeg

6A3A29F9-7FE4-4F07-A50F-ECB2E2637786.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sbarnette said:

My 71 has been in storage for between 3 and 4 years in a buddy’s warehouse that’s a little over an hour away. 

My buddy text me week before last and sent pictures. He put a set of tires on the car, put a battery in it, and had it detailed!

Sammy, either you have an incredibly good buddy or he wants your '71 out of his warehouse (or maybe both)!  😀  Either way - you win!  Great looking Monte! Enjoy fixing her up and driving her!

• Like 1

Well I haven't posted in awhile, so since my race season is over i figured i'd bore some of you 🤣 Mother Nature, Life, and so on kept me from getting to the track as much as I wanted, but it is what it is. 

Let time testing I didn't break anything so thats a good thing, but still not where I need to be. I'm running 9's when I should at least be running 8's so more work to do. I'm brainstorming with my buddy getting a list together of what to go through to tweak and tune. But the Monte is now covered, up on jack stands, and resting for the winter. 

But not all doom and gloom, had a good night at the track with the DD. Those at the Bristol mini meet will remember the truck, if you can please forget the video Mike took with my horrible reaction time 🤣 Made it to the 4th round, broke out with a 9.62 on a 9.64. Spoke to the other driver after the race, he was getting ready to lift until he looked in the mirror and saw me coming (he had a 11.? dial in) and I laughed because I wanted to lift but didn't think i'd catch him at the line. Good Times . 

All in all life is good, had a great time at the Bristol mini meet, got the Monte on the track for the first time after the build so 👍🤘

2021Over.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

What's your combo?

GM 502 Crate, Turbo 400 built for racing, but not for me manually shifting, and 355 gears in the 12 bolt. Other than the wheels and drag radials Monte is stock, no the load leveler isn't installed. 

• Like 1

Nice combo!

I ask because my 70 SS "Big Red" has a 496, th400, 3.31 12 bolt. On 275/60r15 drag radials, all 4 rally wheels, to look stock, very similar combo, she goes 7.2 in the 1/8 which is 11.22 in the 1/4 so far. 

No disrespect meant or implied. I understand there are many other variables. 

IMG_1446.JPG

16 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Nice combo!  I ask because my 70 SS "Big Red" has a 496, th400, 3.31 12 bolt. On 275/60r15 drag radials, all 4 rally wheels, to look stock, very similar combo, she goes 7.2 in the 1/8 which is 11.22 in the 1/4 so far. 

IMG_1446.JPG

Can't argue with Big Red 👍 Obviously I was happy to have the Monte at the track, not so much with the results, hell my Yukon XL runs 9's in the 1/8 🤣 Oh well, waiting to get after it again next year. Whats the saying, bad day at the track better than a good day at work. I just want to get it so the only issue is the loose nut between the steering wheel and the front seat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/30/2021 at 6:05 AM, Brew said:

Got front & rear glass re-installed by a pro. And FINALLY put reveal molding back on!

I am very pleased with the job. 

893CA962-5907-4109-9408-B1BEFF837564.jpeg

70C73941-5B0E-4229-980B-91AD5E1C5DCD.jpeg

CDCD1965-D35A-4CF1-8D53-661F50EC800C.jpeg

592EABF4-0CCB-4E14-852E-5BEE16BB6E2C.jpeg

I love that colour!

6A1109A7-3C4E-4164-9D3B-280AD4FFA4D8.jpeg

FFF52E4F-9568-494F-8808-810C29810C8A.jpeg

5D8402E6-5ADC-440A-A312-FB07569E79AA.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Brew said:

What are these? And great lookin ride btw!

09D986B3-7A05-45FC-B29A-7BB76B3293F2.jpeg

If I remember correctly, gauge pods. Again if I remember correctly also has them on the console. They really look sharp, I almost did the same but changed my mind and left them inside. 

Took mine out today, was a beautiful day so too it out to run some errands and burn up some gas. Hopefully I can get it out at least one more day this week then that may be it for this season. Monday I go in for some surgery and will be down for a few weeks so this may be it.

13 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Took mine out today, was a beautiful day so too it out to run some errands and burn up some gas. Hopefully I can get it out at least one more day this week then that may be it for this season. Monday I go in for some surgery and will be down for a few weeks so this may be it.

Hopefully you get it out again to enjoy. Hope the surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery. Prayers 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Monday I go in for some surgery and will be down for a few weeks so this may be it.

Good luck Steve, hope it all goes smooth for you.

• Like 1