What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

53 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Finally got around to installing the hitch... oh and the really awesome vanity plate. Who's thirsty? 

Hitch.jpg

Is that hitch gm original? Lol. I only will drink that in the light version but yes I’m thirsty. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cbolt said:

Finally got around to installing the hitch... oh and the really awesome vanity plate. Who's thirsty? 

Hitch.jpg

The hitch looks great Jim, did you give up on the genny cream ale? To tough to find down there? Nixon bumper sticker is cool too.

11 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

The hitch looks great Jim, did you give up on the genny cream ale? To tough to find down there? Nixon bumper sticker is cool too.

All they sell down here is the na genny beer, no genny cream. 

Dennis, I drink the light version too, its just as tasty. Not gm original but you can order direct from UHaul and they will make you a hitch. It took 8 weeks to get it

19 hours ago, cbolt said:

Hitch.jpg

That looks like it is tucked in there nicely.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

Jim ,

What size receiver hitch is that ?

1 1/4 but you can purchase an adaptor which I need anyway. It is tucked way up in there so you can hardly see it. Most things, we plan on a cargo rack, are 2" receiver sized.... Did that make sense? 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:34 PM, cny first gen 71 said:

Took mine out today, was a beautiful day so too it out to run some errands and burn up some gas. Hopefully I can get it out at least one more day this week then that may be it for this season. Monday I go in for some surgery and will be down for a few weeks so this may be it.

As it turns out that looks like the last time out for the season  😪 it's probably a 3 week or so recovery hopefully and not sure for long before I will be able to drive after. Unless the weather holds out into November guess I'm done for this year. Wasn't a bad season though just to short as usual. I'll probably be on here more during recovery 😁

Hopefully you recover quickly and get one more run in your weather is better than here, I put mine away today, on the hoist to keep the tires from going square, might have to take it off while I’m working on my truck, a 75 GMC 2500 that I’m restoring now 

• Like 1

My wife and I went for a 3 hour drive in order for me to buy a rad cradle and to look at a driver's side fender. As you can see in the pictures, I came back with more than I originally intended. In order to buy the cradle and driver's fender, I had to buy the passenger fender as well. To get the bumper brackets, I needed to buy the filler panel and bumper. To get the roof trim included in my bundle, the remaining items needed to be purchased as well; pair of fender extensions, 2 grills, parking light lenses and steering column. The last pic is before and after of the roof trim, cleaned and polished. Now, my question, could this be a '71 steering wheel?

2021 Oct (1).jpg

2021 Oct (2).jpg

2021 Oct (3).jpg

2021 Oct (4).jpg

2021 Oct (5).jpg

2021 Oct (6).jpg

2021 Oct (7).jpg

• Like 2

You are correct sir. All 1970. The person I got it from owns two 72's When he bought the second car it came with a ton of parts and he didn't want the 70 stuff.  As for the steering wheel can the shroads be swapped. Its not in the greatest shape and the one in the car has the two horn buttons.  Its in far better shape.  Would like to switch them. Thank everyone.