What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Mark, that is the original sway bar, had to be removed ,so I cleaned and painted it.. should be black or steel color I’m sure but I saw a red one on a ahem, Chevelle,🤭 and thought it looked nice. I do Kinda like the red...

• Like 2

Beautiful job! One suggestion, if you don't have it already. Get an upper rear shock mount brace. A few companies have them. They are specifically intended to brace the upper shock mounts when coilovers are used. Alot of weight on the mounts now. Just saying. 

Are the front calipers are supposed to be towards the front bumper and not towards the firewall like stock?

Yes the brakes are aligned properly as per Wilwood and I do have a shock brace on it, the car is complete now, those pictures are from a couple of years ago 

A257A719-34B7-4702-9730-1026BD2072B1.jpeg

• Like 4

Went to the indoor car show today, wasn't a first gen in sight. Was one monte but it was a highly modified 88 I think didn't look to closely at it. Was a bunch of trailer queens there as usual but I did get a little fix anyhow. Soon we'll be able to get them out.

• Like 3

Getting Ole Red ready for show season wheels. First while it is halfway up on jack stands One down three to go may be only one more for today as I am waiting on mailman to bring my new sending unit for the Dakota Digital Cruise Control. The old one started leaking because of bad seals in the tranny housing which gave been replaced. And ti terminals started turning in the old sending unit.

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Leghome said:

Getting Ole Red ready for show season wheels. First while it is halfway up on jack stands One down three to go may be only one more for today as I am waiting on mailman to bring my new sending unit for the Dakota Digital Cruise Control. The old one started leaking because of bad seals in the tranny housing which gave been replaced. And ti terminals started turning in the old sending unit.

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

Love the center caps !! :)

went to syracuse car show on sunday saw some trailer queens and some from cruise nites/shows. went to buffalo car show on saturday saw some trailer queens some drag cars some nice street cars alot more than syracuse. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

went to syracuse car show on sunday saw some trailer queens and some from cruise nites/shows. went to buffalo car show on saturday saw some trailer queens some drag cars some nice street cars alot more than syracuse. 

I went Saturday wasn't real impressed but an early fix of some hot rods.

Finished up the other two wheels on Ole Red. Yw=esterday we took it for ma spin of about 25 miles and boy were the firdst wheels I did yesterday dusty. that was a lot quicker than I expected. Now to get some touch up done and a couple of interior pieces reinstalled it will be show ready.

• Like 2

Installed a new exhaust manifold for the drivers side… The old manifold was flat ,,but the bolt holes were difficult to align… Rather than spend the time and labor, I decided to go with a Dorman manifold from Amazon… The Dorman gives another inch of clearance for the motor mount… That's a plus… The negative is, it has the small bungs for an emissions car… Most of them are  hidden below the factory A/C,, so it doesn't matter to me ...

IMG_2487.JPG

Well I'm SO over this damn cold weather lol. Friday was able to get the trailers annual check up done and state safety inspection so that's off the list. Woke up yesterday to temps in the high 20's , UG! BUT it warmed up in the afternoon and I was able to take the cover off, get it off jack stands and back on the ground 😁 Put a fresh charge on the battery and trailer battery, Should be able to put fuel back in and get it started next week 🤞Got a stack of stuff waiting to install, new Hella headlights, electric fans, and the new dragy gps thingamabob, and get it in my friends shop to tweak the carb and timing. Race season starts this week so may end up taking the DD this weekend but at least I'm making forward progress lol Before and after shots 

Winter.jpeg

Grounded.jpeg

• Like 7

Washed her, drove it to the hobby shop and changed the oil… Took out a loan on my house and filled the tank … LOL

Ed C. 

830374319_ScreenShot2022-03-31at8_19_33PM.thumb.png.e48c8d59ea03bae339a92a1a0d5db7f2.png

Went out to the garage and admired her beauty…

180232023-IMG_0087_5.JPG.ef3fe4e6ee5af713676e1ab61d2e0783.JPGMowed my pasture instead of driving her… Getting ready for the fire season takes priority….

27 minutes ago, EVC said:

Went out to the garage and admired her beauty…

180232023-IMG_0087_5.JPG.ef3fe4e6ee5af713676e1ab61d2e0783.JPGMowed my pasture instead of driving her… Getting ready for the fire season takes priority….

That’s what I did Saturday. Did a controlled burn also. Only 4 acres to go. Ya. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

That’s what I did Saturday. Did a controlled burn also. Only 4 acres to go. Ya. 

I've been through at least 4 fires… One was really bad and almost got my home….Being prepared is of the utmost…My neighbors are all in tune now…

I recently installed a 3000 gal water tank, three 1000 gal tanks and a sprinkler system with three generators to keep my home safe. My cars will be in the middle of that pasture if a fire breaks out….

There is no way I'll evacuate my home and let the fire department decide which home to save.

I got one neighbor that don’t even realize they own 5 acres, they have never been back in the wooded area. The other is finally catching on and started to clean up years worth of dead. They were all mad( to put it kindly) when I cleaned my 5 acres , now I think they understand why I did it. Took almost two years of cleaning and burning. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I got one neighbor that don’t even realize they own 5 acres, they have never been back in the wooded area. The other is finally catching on and started to clean up years worth of dead. They were all mad( to put it kindly) when I cleaned my 5 acres , now I think they understand why I did it. Took almost two years of cleaning and burning. 

Yep… almost the same scenario here.. Were getting new, younger neighbors and fortunately they are all on board with safety and fire control…

My property is now the standard they are following…. Great kids… LOL all under 50.

I'm way past the controlled burn thing. It's now tree trimming, mowing, some weed eating and feeding the chickens… 12573952_1019953921402329_5151025437179395254_n.jpg.89461b99f5e162e38fd255d1c7839fbf.jpg