What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Installed the new Hella head lights, look good. I did a quick alignment on the garage wall, I'm sure I'll have to tweak them a bit when its dark and I'm at the track. Then took another short run down the street 😁 Found out my power seat isnt working, I'll have to search the forums for some clues, hear the motor running but no movement so its seems mechanical not electrical. Another to-do added to the list 🤣

HeadLamps.jpeg

• Like 4

Took mine our for a ride today just to go to order a part for my trailer and to visit with my girlfriends son who's in town to visit his mom. Car ran good now I'm going out to have a nice cold beverage and de-flower my new grittle grill with some hot sausage peppers and onions.  Good day all 😀

• Like 6

Good Guys is in town this weekend and our local car club volunteers to help with the event. I’m helping with parking tomorrow. I got the 70 cleaned up So she looks good in the club’s designated parking area. I also resprayed the dash pad in a satin finish. The previous owner had done it in gloss and the reflection off the windshield on a sunny day made it nearly impossible to see. 

• Like 3

Went To a local car show in Grass Valley Calif. I didn't enter the show.. No Monte Carlos.. Hank and I then drove out to the local AF Base…  BTW.. This paint job will be 30 years old next month…

Ed C

IMG_2527.jpeg.69ea7e1e1022b449409601b0b9a238fe.jpegIMG_2532.jpeg.48a6ab058372f5b6e30398e906d7e151.jpeg

15 hours ago, DragCat said:

Installed the new Hella head lights, look good. I did a quick alignment on the garage wall, I'm sure I'll have to tweak them a bit when its dark and I'm at the track. Then took another short run down the street 😁 Found out my power seat isnt working, I'll have to search the forums for some clues, hear the motor running but no movement so its seems mechanical not electrical. Another to-do added to the list 🤣

HeadLamps.jpeg

Yep…. Just found one of mine with a hole… Went thru a rock storm a couple of weeks ago … Hope these work for you. I may use them if they work well for you… 

Ed C

The best way to find a problem with your car is go to a car show and let your friends nit pic… LOL   It two seconds for this to be noticed … I missed it entirely… 

Ed C

Ed CIMG_2535.thumb.JPG.2844f7750c8608a7ff22fbf6ee197230.JPG

9 hours ago, EVC said:

Yep…. Just found one of mine with a hole… Went thru a rock storm a couple of weeks ago … Hope these work for you. I may use them if they work well for you… 

Ed C

I ordered them because Joe and someone else recommended them, the return road at the track is dark as heck. Thats about the only night driving I do. If ya lived closer I'd give ya the spare set I ordered from Rock Auto when I bought the monte. 

• Like 1

Went for our first ride of 2022. All is well. 164,602 miles.

Sinclair Sunday I guess.

IMG_1201.JPG

• Like 7

Tom the dirt is just how you left it. Dennis your to kind I love this car she never lets us down but she just won't take a bad picture. Willie has seen her in person. People have told me that I can't park next to them at local car meets.  The original owner drove her 68 x miles and I think he hit something every mile or two lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was a beautiful weekend here In Ky, loaded 71 on the small trailer for a test drive to a local car cruise. About 125 cars , only one first gen , mine … Saw a nice 2000 Monte pace car with only 10,000 miles on it . Pristine condition, 20 grand buys it but not for me..

also, what does CL stand for on the mint color Monte in the picture???. B057921E-8B5B-4A5C-AF21-7136E4908C19.thumb.jpeg.bc23c4d3b2396d6190bec59d38857d80.jpeg5CD1719E-2609-498B-9FA7-050C9C7ABF7E.thumb.jpeg.09ee3ecd10e6bc8a76d2945722ebc3c4.jpeg6E267D83-7474-45D9-AF60-BA18090DD5A2.thumb.jpeg.cc7528685a9c4504303e7988463c2112.jpegAA4E0BA0-54B3-4AE0-AE2D-6B613800342A.thumb.jpeg.5f34c7c164c3c7b37d7bdea1c79209ba.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Searsman said:

what does CL stand for on the mint color Monte in the picture???. 

'Custom Luxury' according to a quick google search.

• Like 2

Started laying out the wires and relays for the electric fans yesterday, of course with all the rolls of wire I have the gauge I need is NOT "in stock" lol. Will get some today. Then as I was enjoying an adult cold beverage pondering the next days activities it hit me, I gotta cut all those old zip ties and lace the new wires in the flex tubes to keep it clean looking. Oh well add a couple more hours to the project lol. 

Relays.jpeg

• Like 4

Have been waiting for 6 weeks for a new tach and finally gave up today as I need to get the car back together for a car show this weekend. So, just finished putting my old tach back in the cluster and planned to put the dash back together tommorrow and just got a call tach should be here tommorrow. I guess that better than having to pull the dash back out. 

• Like 5

Electric fan wiring revision 3 lol. First shout out to HF for having the flex wire loom for $3 @ 10' instead of AZ selling 10' for $9. Couldn't find 1/2 anywhere so might have to run 2 3/8's , will make a few stops in my travels today. 

Didn't get much accomplished because of the wind and rain, only got a little over an hour in the garage. Anyway version 1 was running the wires with everything else along the firewall, got real busy looking with all the factory wires and stuff I added so nixed that. So mocked up running the wires tucked in behind the front bumper, looks a lot cleaner and nobody will know they're there except everyone here lol. So just hoping this is the last version on wiring and the next update will be "installed " lol. 

Revision3.jpeg

• Like 5

So went by NAPA, yesterday, their website said they had 1/2 flex but didn't look much bigger than the 3/8 I had. But they had 3/4 so I splurged and bought a few feet.

With the exception of 1 more ground wire, the wiring is done. My fingertips were screaming at the end but settled down when wrapped around an ice cold beer lol. I'm super busy today so progress might have to wait till tomorrow. And yes the mock up zip ties are still in place lol, once everything is in and tested I'll go back through and tighten up the looms, and the connections for the sensor, fans and such. The blue painters tape on the one relay is for troubleshooting, both relays power and hot ignition wires run through the front loom (and have painters tape on them) and the one relays grey wire going to the temp sensor on the drivers side the same. For those who remember my crate install may remember my OCD with the vacuum lines and such with the different color tapes lol 

relays.jpeg

• Like 4

Installed the True Slap Detent  plate after work this afternoon.. works great ! No adjustments were necessary.. removed the console which made the rivet more accessible for removing.. everything else was a breeze.. thanks Dan ..BAAE072F-16B1-45BD-9858-EE7075F40458.thumb.jpeg.1c79fe2ae2a51a1d775f15cdf76ea8ab.jpeg0D6B20CD-6848-4D8E-938A-6769EF6D13C1.thumb.jpeg.f8da1cd5cbcee5a29770da7d132798e8.jpeg

• Like 7

Well I got the last ground wire laced in lol. Then realized I ordered the wrong part to continue so had to call Napa and get the right one, face palm time. Thats supposed to be in this morning so I'll pick it up on my way to the track, and hopefully if it doesn't snow or rain I'll get back after it on Sunday. A day behind schedule but sht happens lol 

• Like 2