What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

57 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Finally out of hibernation 🤘The sun, moon, and stars finally aligned 🤣 Can't say the same about my race season but it is what it is. 

Hibernation.jpeg

It’s the age of Aquarius,! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Searsman said:

It’s the age of Aquarius,! 

Could have been a slight rip off on some lyrics 🤣 I did come across an oldie on the playlist yesterday, the hollies, the air that I breath 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Detailed the vinyl top with "303" 🤣 Carlisle is right around the corner 😀Bought a camera for the trailer, spent the afternoon figuring out how to install the wires on a temp basis since its a tilt bed and the camera is hard wired. Will find out how my old school math works out 🤣

• Like 4

Been a busy week working in the green 70 ss I bought not quite a month ago.  Started going through the front suspension and steering components.  Blasting all parts and painting them while it’s disassembled.  

IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice!! I like the top picture where it shows the ground, that is (will be) attached to the headlight switch. A very important connection!!! It's always the ground, if you have a problem. 🤣

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 7:20 PM, DragCat said:

I'm thinking someone is being a little sarcastic with fun 🤣

On 6/11/2023 at 8:29 PM, Dtret said:

I think a lot of us have been there. And yes I do believe you’re correct. Definitely sarcasm. Lol. 

On 6/11/2023 at 8:29 PM, Dtret said:

I think a lot of us have been there. And yes I do believe you’re correct. Definitely sarcasm. Lol. 

Let me put it like this. It’s Fun 🤩…. When it’s back  together!. 😎

• Like 3

Well I finally got some monte time in today, nothing to exciting went for a ride out to my girlfriends house after she took me out for some groceries.  Got one of them mart carts at the store and the battery died about 3/4 of the way through shopping so we had to get another one and move all the groceries over, that sucked but at least Lisa was there and pretty much did it all and carried all my groceries in the house and put it all away.  She's a keeper for sure. That was my exciting day but at least I got out and seems like I'm getting better each day.

• Like 6

Glad you are getting better day by day Steve! 

As for me, I found Big Red! Got her out of hibernation, into the sun and inspected. Put the new registration sticker on also. 

Hopefully tomorrow taking her to the beach where there is a "gathering" of cars in the morning. 

Pics then. Lol

• Like 4

Enjoy Tom spend a little with it make sure its ready for Carlisle. I also worked on my rocker panel chrome today a little.  I replaced it when I painted it but had a little incident with jack slippage and screwed it up so I dug out the original one and trying to clean it up to put back on It ain't perfect but better than what's on there, I got more work to do on it but at least I can sit down outside and work on it on my deck. Oh ya planted some tomatoes and cucumbers today too on my deck. It's amazing what you can do while sitting down.

20230617_192054.jpg

• Like 3

I did a short spin yesterday afternoon, and this morning washed the Monte. Probably 2 years since its seen a hose 🤣 So dry here it was probably a waste of time, looks like a dust storm driving out the driveway in the rear view. Probably won't turn the key on again until I put it on the trailer Wed nite 🙃

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Enjoy Tom spend a little with it make sure its ready for Carlisle. I also worked on my rocker panel chrome today a little.  I replaced it when I painted it but had a little incident with jack slippage and screwed it up so I dug out the original one and trying to clean it up to put back on It ain't perfect but better than what's on there, I got more work to do on it but at least I can sit down outside and work on it on my deck. Oh ya planted some tomatoes and cucumbers today too on my deck. It's amazing what you can do while sitting down.

Glad your getting stuff done 👍

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Steve that interesting you mention rocker chrome. I screwed my passenger side up putting it on the trailer. Good thing I didn’t put the nos ones on. Repops. So if anyone has a passenger side rocker trim let me know. Or I will buy another set of repops. 

• Like 2

Dennis, check with Steve Demers NOS Z20.  He has a lot of used and NOS parts and usually gives club members a discount.  He is a member and usually has a vendor at the GM Nationals but not this year.  That said, I talked to him this afternoon and while he will not have a vendor spot in Carlisle, he will be delivering some parts there for people who need them.  he may have  a rocker panel molding.  I sent you a text with his information.

rob

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

So I noticed prepping the Monte for Carlisle that the drivers seat was missing some of the "chrome" trim on the back lower on the driver seat 🙃And neither the driver nor the passenger seat had the trim on the lower seat. I ordered a kit (and NO I'm not doing the lower next to the console yet) I did the lowers today and will probably replace the drivers back tomorrow. I'm going through my list of non-essential projects 🤣

Driver1.jpeg

Driver2.jpeg

• Like 3

Mark,  I may be wrong but I didn't think the chrome trim was installed on the lower portion of the seats, only the backrest.  I was always confused as to why they would not have installed it on the lower portion of the seats.

I am sure if I am incorrect someone will chime in on this.  Since I don't have one with buckets I can't swear to this.

rob

• Like 2

I put them on the upper and lower then I did my seats. It just doesn't look right on only one section, at least to me.

• Like 3