What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Made it to the Hammond Days car show after she finally stopped giving me grief for the moment. Nice '70 down the way from me too!post-1113-0-35220100-1439049970_thumb.jpgpost-1113-0-88486700-1439049996_thumb.jpg

Made it to the Hammond Days car show after she finally stopped giving me grief for the moment. Nice '70 down the way from me too!attachicon.gifIMG_20150808_091557012.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20150808_101713975_HDR.jpg

And an SS454 to boot.. was it a clone or true SS?  Did you stalk them and tell them about the club.?

Rob

well I looked at that 1/4....then spent all day trying to unweld my trailer hitch from the mount..took 2 hrs to get the pin out...i'm in trouble for the rest tomorrow..lucky the wifes honda is available to tow a chipper..cheers

And an SS454 to boot.. was it a clone or true SS?  Did you stalk them and tell them about the club.?

Rob

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find them, or I'd have asked and told them about it. Very nice looking car though

New meats! 255/50R17 Nitto NT555 on 17x8 wheels! Really need to put the power steering back in though, its hard to turn without that pump.

Pic isn't uploading from phone, though, so I'll edit when I get home.

post-1113-0-16247600-1439597287_thumb.jpg

Collected another part today, got a smokin good deal from another member on a 12 bolt rear end. I picked it up tonight and got to see his car and I tell ya he is doing a great job on his monte. Thank you Ryan again will see you around for sure. That motor is sweet cant wait to hear that run.

Collected another part today, got a smokin good deal from another member on a 12 bolt rear end. I picked it up tonight and got to see his car and I tell ya he is doing a great job on his monte. Thank you Ryan again will see you around for sure. That motor is sweet cant wait to hear that run.

Glad to help a fellow Monteholic! Thanks for the kind words Steve!  :) hope to see you again soon.

Well I have not driven my Monte since the Eastern Meet...I had snagged my passenger side Y-cutout (behind the header) pulling out of a Chinese restaurant while I was at the meet. I had to do emergency repairs right in the middle of the street with traffic as I could not go forward or backward without damaging it worse.

I managed to tie it up and drove very slowly back to the hotel...those who were at the meet knew I had my exhaust open the entire time but that night I decided I wanted some quiet so I closed them. So much for that plan...I was now as loud as ever and noone noticed when I came back, they just thought I had the exhaust open... :(

Anyways today I put it all back together...what I thought would be fairly easy turned into a big ordeal. I have compression clamps on every joint (not u-bolts) and everyone of them managed to rotate just a little throwing the exhaust in a crazy direction. I replaced one hanger and basically had to remove the entire exhaust as I was getting no where trying to rotate it back the way it was...thank goodness I have AC in my garage/shop as it was hot out today and I was boiling mad trying to get it back together... :wacko:  :lol:

I posted this in the main part of this forum (probably should have posted it here in hindsight)..but my Saturday consisted of installing my aluminum fan shroud and electric fan.  Now in the process of installing headlights and wiring it all back up.  Trying to get her back on the road by end of the year because this project has taken too long!  :crazy: New%20shroud.png

Oshawa Autofest is this coming Saturday and Sunday so tonight I detailed the engine compartment. I still have the rest of the car to do by Friday night but they are calling for rain here Wed and Thurs. My grass also needs cutting and the mower is down with a broken drive belt. The part will be in tomorrow. Hmmmm...priorities and decisions. I should have cut the grass even shorter last time I guess. All I know is this....the Monte will be ready. :D

They repaved my street today...well, I had to take the Monte out and test how sticky my tires were...turns out they were not that sticky... :D

Took her for her first drive since shes been back together..although it was a short drive around the block a few times to make sure I did the front brakes right...need a new master cylinder so Ill have back brakes....

20150819_200450_zpshfhkn5bi.jpg

shes almost road ready

• Like 1

Disassembled the front clip of the Monte today. Finishing up the block sanding on the doors and tailpan. Hoping to send the body out for paint in Oct. Then get the front pieces and rear pieces prepped and ready for paint this winter.

post-678-0-17516400-1440359334_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-65969800-1440359390_thumb.jpg