What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

I worked on reorganizing my garage most of the day today. I made room to store the Monte in the far bay so I don't have to store it in my buddy's barn. Next weekend I will winterize it and cover it for the winter. I also made room for my wife's Saturn in the middle garage bay. The 3rd bay is just stuff, the lawn tractor with snow blower and where the kids enter and exit in the winter. It was a lot of work and I'm a hurtin' unit and ready for bed soon. :(

Larry what you need to do is to eat some nachos, mozza sticks and wings. That should give you an energy boost!!

• Like 1

Larry what you need to do is to eat some nachos, mozza sticks and wings. That should give you an energy boost!!

All I need to do is drink some of Renes Fully loaded coffee and I'm ripping and ready to go.

Installed the new headlight adjusters in the monte. Also, I have a small exhaust leak coming from the header gasket so I pulled the header and took a look at the gasket to check what type I need to order. Square port it was. 

Glen,

I can't begin to tell you how much I like your Sinclair gas station, I should say Monte pictures.

My dad sold Sinclair products in Utica Michigan for decades till they were forced to convert to ARCO.

Thanks for posting them. What type of place is that? I know Sinclair is still around just not near Michigan.

Bruce

• Like 1

Glen,

I can't begin to tell you how much I like your Sinclair gas station, I should say Monte pictures.

My dad sold Sinclair products in Utica Michigan for decades till they were forced to convert to ARCO.

Thanks for posting them. What type of place is that? I know Sinclair is still around just not near Michigan.

Bruce

Bruce, that building is owned by a local millionaire here in town, that is actually his garage he bought many years ago for his classic cars that he converted into a classic looking gas station. It is pretty cool. This time of year he puts some of his displays away so everything he has isn't out. But it was still a cool photo op!
  • Like 1

After roughly 15 years with no front speakers, I finally bought a set that would fit and made some brackets and installed them today. They aren't mind blowing speakers, but they are kenwoods so I hope they last for a while at least. While I was at it, I ran all new speaker wire for all four of the speakers. Next I plan to tackle the wiring for the heat and a/c that hasn't been wired up in about 15 years as well. 

Pulled the intake off of the 72's 350 today and found where my main oil leak was. The seal on the back of the intcke was leaking slightly but the fitting for the oil preasure gauge had the threads stripped on the nut for farrel. Did not put it back together yet, trying to decide on wether to pull the eingine or not. #1 plug was fouled big time again and this is just after about 500 miles on this plug. We were hoping the intake gasket would show a place where the oil was getting into the cylinder but found nothing to indicate that. So now we have to make up our minds to go ahead and run it the is next summer with a hotter plug and try to keep it rom fouling so bad, pull the motor and repair it or just replace the whole shebang. Thinking about a truck 5.3 and newer tranny or maybe just get another 290horse 350 crate motor. If the present block needs bored it would be cheaper to get a 350 crate motor and be done with it or spend more money and switch ove to a newer setup.