What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

I also attended a car show, the car didn't win anything but my name was drawn from the cars entered and I won an Alpine 250w amp and 10 inch subwoffer figure it to be worth $600 all I have to do now is sell it.

Leo

We finally started patching the floor board so it can receive the Lizard Skin coating this week or this weekend. Also have an ARP head bolt kit coming for the big block, a engine dress up bolt kit with Chevy bowtie in the heads, and a Summit racing dual plane stage 3 intake.

Hello Joerg,

I was noticing that your taillights are somewhat differently wired. Is that because you made them that way or is that an European thing? confused

Hi Rob. Yes, it is, at least for Germany. But I bought the car already wired this way. So I'm not sure what is different. I guess usually the turn signal bulb also works as an always-on Parking light in the US? In Germany one is not allowed to use the turn signal bulb for any other additional function.

Joerg

Went to a Cruise Night in small town Port Perry tonight....they put on a great cruise night every Tuesday here and I always enjoy myself. The clouds rolled in but it didn't rain so the Monte is back in the garage clean. yay

PortPerryCruiseNight2014_zpsdac348c8.jpg

cleaned and painted the engine. Installed the water pump and got the intake back from the ceramic coater... looks awesome. I plan on getting that installed tomorrow along with the distributor and valve covers.

Went to a car show today. The had top 15 57 and below and top 15 58 and newer. I gotsed me a top 15 with my 72. Real good friend got best rat rod. Two other friends also got top 15's in newer class.

Been jumping around of a bit with the Monte started to smooth the firewall out 72001_zps3a375d5e.jpg Pulled down some carpet we had left over for a test fit 72002_zpsa0b8fbcd.jpg Motor with some of it's goodies 72005_zpsba9ba3ba.jpg Got stainless steel braid spark plug wires (left over from another car) 72006_zpse2fa96b1.jpg not sure if to go with the wire holders or show off more of the braided wire.

Well since my last what did you do to your Monte, I've got a new windshield, a rebuilt TH350 (yes the original one), fixed two broken off bolts, one in the oil pan, and one in the rear end. When the oil pan was out guess what was in the pan, all of the Teflon coating from the timing gears, so off they came, new chain and gears and oh yes a new water and oil pump to boot. Then noticed a leaky freeze plug, changed that. Had someone who knew what they were doing replace my circuit board, freshened up the interior, repainted the dash and pad, looks great. A little more to do on the dash, ordered a reconditioned radio, not here yet, but will be soon and I'll get it in so it will look all nice and original. Replaced the air vents, looks nice and work! Had all of the windows lubed and fixed a broken roller. Yes this has been a busy month. Got some new upper and lower control arms and a sway bar kit from Leo, will try to get to that next week (I hope). Pictures forthcoming, it is after 1am so I'll take pictures tomorrow. I hope the snowball has melted, I'm tired and almost broke.

Patrick, your garage looks better than mine and I still have rusty Monte Carlo smile Nice work of your dash, is it dark saddle? If so, what kind of paint did you use?

Rick

It is an unusual color, I bought dark saddle but that was not correct. I had the paint made up by scanning the dash pad. to be more accurate the pain and body guy did. Even Leo was having a hard time with the color and he knows all things Monte. My car is sandalwood and so is the interior, but the dash is what it is, I wish I knew. Thanks it did turn out nicely.

Looks great! smile It may not be it, but the color of the dash looks like the medium saddle that was in my '70 originally.

313138263.jpg

I see you have an aftermarket radio in your dash. Has the dash been cut to install it? I'm wondering, because you mentioned a reconditioned radio is on the way.

Dan

Looks great! smile It may not be it, but the color of the dash looks like the medium saddle that was in my '70 originally.

313138263.jpg

I see you have an aftermarket radio in your dash. Has the dash been cut to install it? I'm wondering, because you mentioned a reconditioned radio is on the way.

Dan

No the dash was not cut, in fact it looks great underneath. Your color looks right, so medium saddle?

Looks great Patrick! Gotta feel like a new car with all the work you've done to it.

Thanks Scott. Driving the car was amazing. The ride was so nice, the tranny shifts are crisp and I can see clearly out of my new windshield. Monte was pure purring joy to drive. It drives better than a new car, rear wheel drive you know, not that pitchy front wheel drive.