What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Damn !!! 

I would never have made it to work. 

I would take my lunch and spend the day.

There would have to be a much less appealing route otherwise I would never make it to work

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I really love the color of your Monte Aaron,

rob

I like the colour of yours too Rob!

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2020 at 6:13 PM, MC1of80 said:

Nice fit! Get the headers in ASAP! lolol

Headers went in last week lol, trans x-member (original) went back in today with new insulators and brackets. Forgot to put the plate in for the new poly trans mount so thats next then linkage and everything else trans connected. Then all the under the hood work begins YIPPIE lol.

Pass.jpg

Driver.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 714024SPEED said:

Moved the 71 SS so can do some work on our new toy a Pro street 76 Firebird. First time I drove the Monte since I bought it in September.......it was nice but long overdue.

IMG_20200407_213247_01.jpg

20200406_1123171.jpg

Really dig the Monte, what color is the Firebird ? Looks like one of those color changing depending on the light

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Bell said:

Mark, are those the American Racing Headers? 2"?

Yes Paul, I forgot I think you asked a question about the 2" but it escaped me 

Just now, Paul Bell said:

How's access to the #8 plug?

I haven't put the plugs back in yet, I figured it would be a little tricky and figured I would have to use Joe's technique. I should know next week for sure when I get back under the hood. I want to finish the trans connections and make sure there are no clearance issues there first. I'm going to have to adjust the proportioning valve a tad at the moment. The pass side would not go in through the top, but slid right in and bolted up from the bottom 

27 minutes ago, 714024SPEED said:

Yes the Firebird is one of those 90's colors that change colors purple,gold,copper,brown and green.....not sure if I can deal with the color for long.lol

Kevin, 

I know what you mean.  When they first came out with that style of paint I really liked it but not as much now.  After all, if the car was ever stolen what color would you give the police so they would know what to look for.

rob

• Like 1

Yea paint is expensive, I need a small amount for a couple touch up it's about 50 bucks for 4 oz. That's the smallest amount they will make. When I bought the paint about 10 years ago I got a great deal about 125 for the gallon for the base. I got base, clear, hardener and reducers all for a little over 400 for everything,  great deal I think. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, Paul Bell said:

Hey Paul, installed the passenger side plugs today, note the starter isn't installed yet. I wasn't coordinated enough to get #8 in from the top lol. But it went in easy peasy from the bottom by hand. I haven't torqued them in yet but didn't visualize an issue. And yes its a factory a/c car 

With the starter in it will be a PIA again. That's why I removed the a/c box and installed a box that let me access the plugs and still have heat. Most of my a/c parts were missing to begin with. 

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

• Like 1

hi, i took my monte out for a drive and went by my sons house and he and his relatives were out talking, and he mentioned here comes my dad he heard the big block {all stock454}and i was a block away , that was pretty cool.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

With the starter in it will be a PIA again. That's why I removed the a/c box and installed a box that let me access the plugs and still have heat. Most of my a/c parts were missing to begin with. 

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

The A/C box wasn't the pain for me, the header configuration made it difficult for me to get a good angle with the socket to install the spark plug from the top. And i'm a little over nervous not trying to cross thread something in the aluminum heads lol. Tightening the plug is still a pain from the top even as Joe mentioned with (what I call the wobble socket adapter) and and extension, just not a lot of room but it is doable. 

In the last few days I have bruises I have no idea how I got and sore muscles along with cuts on my hands and arms. But I will say this is a great learning experience for me being my first engine swap. Not to mention i'm learning a ton about my Monte in the process. 

• Like 2

Finally had a nice 2170023F-7B1B-4B59-8671-1DA0D6F31800.thumb.jpeg.3c94c831887b8d05bae14577fe8ca623.jpeg106DB12F-345E-4614-BDE8-2DDB2FD8CB98.thumb.jpeg.ac53d22091f3dd42e63d18f476612863.jpeg106DB12F-345E-4614-BDE8-2DDB2FD8CB98.thumb.jpeg.ac53d22091f3dd42e63d18f476612863.jpegD65CBCA4-0860-4C9A-B4EE-472209DA0D44.thumb.jpeg.6d69d94a886f42787e2205ec027e3e0d.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.8b267ecc02e1730b26935167a69f5839.jpgday for a drive. Put on my new FGMCC sticker and proudly displayed it , stopping at the local classic car sales “closed”, then trecking about another 20 miles to a classic car food carry out. It’s been there at same location since I was a youngster.. called “parquette” drive in. In Lexington ky. Was so nice to get out and drive the 71...

• Like 3

On 4/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, Paul Bell said:

Hey Paul, don't know if you would see my other post, do you have an issue with #4 ? 

As my engine is locked away in my friend's machine shop and I don't have the heads yet, I'm doing some other tiding up work.

My oil & trans coolers were zip-tied to the condenser which I hated. I'm bolting them to the valance panel, I'm putting in rivnuts in the panel for them.

I got a Vintage Air condenser kit for our cars and the condenser it came with left about a 4 inch gap. I found a slightly wider (& taller) condenser on Ebay and got it installed. I only used two brackets, the drier and one pre-bent tube from the kit.

93702713_521451338742934_4102846206189764608_n.jpg

• Like 2