2015 Western Meet - Penticton, BC, Canada

Canuck

Looks like I'll make the Western Meet, they're letting me leave the country, received my Passport today!! :yay:  :yay:

Its whether we let you in that's the issue now, LOL

Just received my Passport Card today!  :yay: :yay: :yay:  Personally, not so much worried about letting me in as much as if I will be allowed back.....   :doh:

Doug

No problem Doug. We'll mail you back. Aaron needs a 72 for his collection anyway. 

I just received a sponsored registration for the event including a couple t-shirts. I will add the t-shirts to our door prizes. In addition, the cost of registration will be refunded to one member based on a draw at the meet.

With the special parking, special award category (first and second place), the t-shirts and the free registration... these guys are rolling out the red carpet for us.

I"m not from the west but I will be on vacation in Kelowna at the same time so I am going to make it down there on Saturday, so what's the best time to attend the car show.

Leo 

I"m not from the west but I will be on vacation in Kelowna at the same time so I am going to make it down there on Saturday, so what's the best time to attend the car show.

Leo 

That's great Leo. We'll be at the show all day on Saturday so anytime between 8am and 4pm will be good that day. We'll likely be doing a cruise lap or two before we leave for dinner in Summerland that day. Then we have the party at the hotel in Summerland. If you are able to come to the FGMCC banquet on Sunday you are eligible for door prizes as a dues paying club member. Don't hesitate to give me a call if you want to chat about it (250-494-4024). I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks Aaron,

Looking forward to meeting more members and see the display of Monte's. I usually have my vacation around the Langley car show but decided to book early and take in this one since there was going to be lots of Monte's at it. Would love to have my car there but being 4500 miles of travel that's just a dream.

Leo

• 2 weeks later...

I know that some of you will be arriving Wednesday (24th) and some will be arriving Thursday (25th). Make sure your reservations at the hotel are correct since I know one member who is arriving the 24th but the hotel had him down as arriving the 25th.

Note that on Thursday the 25th we will start the cruise at say 9 or 10am and we'll just stay within Summerland. We will visit the car museum, have lunch in town, make a few scenic stops and visit Summerland Sweets for ice cream before heading back to the hotel mid-afternoon. I will also arrange for us to have dinner at a Summerland restaurant as well.

Thanks again, for adding activities for this extra day, Aaron.    We had posted earlier that we'd be arriving on the 25th...  but it will actually be in the early AM, so I wanted to give you the heads-up for your logistics planning.  We'll be hitting the border late the 24th, and have reservations to stay the night in Oroville, WA...  arriving in Penticton at O'dark-thirty the 25th.  

For those who have not yet made your hotel reservations, make them as soon as possible.You can cancel later if needed but waiting until you are sure you can make it to the meet might be too late to get a room. This hotel always fills up that weekend and usually a large SSR group books there. There are some rooms there but they could book up quickly if another group decides to book there again.

Hey Aaron, I was over checking out our brothers on the Eastern Meet discussion Board and just posted this for possibly food for thought......

What do you think ??

"No I am not spying on you guys seeing how I am a Western Meet Member. I just had a thought of, this is the First time in a Long time that both our meets are the same weekend..... My thoughts were it would be cool that when we Both have our awards ceramony that it couldnt be both at the same time with the time difference and shown on a Big Screen tv via Skype or something so both East and West can see who win the awards and actually get to see our members live seeing how we dont have a joint meet and we can all get a better idea who everyone is....

I know its a long shot but just a thought from a Western Meet Member who would like to meet or at least see our fellow members and see both sides and their respective awards recieved........."

Darren.

See my response in the Eastern Meet thread. There's a lot that has to be in place for the banquet thing to work. We may be able to do a skype between the meets at some point in the weekend.

2012_0624chevelle0015.jpg

2012_0624chevelle0010.jpg

2012_0624chevelle0008.jpg

2012_0624chevelle0006.jpg

2012_0624chevelle0012.jpg

2012_0624chevelle0016.jpg

Hey Who is the Meathead that brought the Chevelle to the last Penticton meet ?????

oh yeah, that was me....... hahaha

well I guess I am on the right side of the fence now and the 4spd car will be in the Chevelle's old spot this year.

no wait the chevelle was a 4spd too....... The Benchseat 4spd will be there........yeah thats it. and NO RAIN>>>>

Darren.

• Like 1

Alright Aaron cut it out. :k  Here we are with a new 7" of the white stuff and you keep posting those outrageous pictures from the warmth of summer  :yay:  :rofl:  :yay:

That one ugly looking Monte Darren I'm surprise it didn't break the camera in the picture u took and the one Aaron posted, I'm so glad I didn't paint my Monte that color.

it was a throw away camera anyways I just kept the film.... hahaha    That Yellow Monte was a 454 4spd car, so I knew it was a chevelle in sheeps clothing as we have still yet to find a 454 4spd Monte.....   Aaron always takes great pictures but not sure how he got it in his pictures too ? must be a Mirage.........

Darren.