2015 Western Meet - Penticton, BC, Canada

Canuck

What!  :B  Was looking so forward to thrashing your property.  :k  Well, this changes everything! :->

Seriously, that is quite a group of people Aaron and can see some logistic problems looking forward.  I think this is a good decision. :)

Doug

I have arranged for us to have the banquet at a local restaurant not far from the hotel. We will have the entire restairant to ourselves for the awards, door prizes and dinner.

Doug: Please do not thrash the restaurant... LOL :)

Hey Aaron, I will try to constrain myself! :coffee2: But I cant give any promises.  Being that far North may cause ones primatal instincts to take over.   :k  I'm already deliberating if I should grow a full beard. :rofl:

Doug

Yikes Aaron.  :B  I don't think I would feel comfortable walking into a Bank, public area(s) and most businesses with get up on.  Okay, maybe in a Walmart, but otherwise No!  :k 

Doug

I'm so ready for this year!!!!!   I can hardly wait.

FYI for my fellow Oregon Monte drivers:   No wagon-train for me this year on the drive up... the wife and I are heading up on the 19th to do a little Pre-Show vacation time in the area.

So we'll be up there well before start time.  :yay:

The event also has prizes for period dress/costume on Saturday morning if you wish to participate.

What are you driving Matt?

I'll be bringing up the Monte. I got it out of storage and all cleaned up / it's running like a top.

Only thing I am doing is swapping out my SSBC 4-wheel disc brakes for Wilwood bakes (rotors + calipers) that will allow slightly bigger rotors.  The SSBC performed well, but I want my monte stopping more like a modern car... also throwing on the 2000 rpm stall for my 700r4.  

Should be good to go after that.

BTW - if anyone wants to buy a nice set of SSBC 4 wheel complete kit, I can bring them to the meet with me. Less than 2,500 miles on them.

How much for the complete kit Matt.

Make an offer?  I'll sell you the Front, Back -- or both. 

Priced new here is what I paid

The front kit consists of new drilled and slotted rotors, power coated 4 piston callipers in RED

Rear brakes = similar to the kit as above, but sized for the rear... I Paid: $654.99 for the rear (new)

YOU WILL REQUIRE additional parts procured to fully convert your vehicle to rear disc, as I was lucky to have rear disc on mine already. Maybe $200 of additional mounting components that any brake shop will have & a decent tunable proportioning valve. (I also suggest you upgrade your master cylinder to one from a Corvette or other car with big stopping power.)

So -- all that being said,  what seems fair??  I am thinking 50% of the retail price... since they are 2 years old, less than 2500 miles.  

I am thinking  $650 for both sets of Calipers, Discs, and whatever fiddly bits are left.

Here are photos from the install I had done in 2013

Rv9Yxbr.jpg

N26kwS5.jpg

ORsOULQ.jpg

A suite at the Rosedale Motel will become available. It's $200 per night but has 2 separate bedrooms one has 1 queen bed I think and the other has 2 doubles in it plus there's a hide-a-bed in the living room. Also has a kitchen. This would be ideal if you have friends/family traveling with you or if you want to share with another member to save some costs. If you want this room, let me know ASAP so I can help set it up. The member who currently has the reservation has not yet cancelled so do not call the hotel yet.

If no one else is interested we will probably take the suite. That will free up two other rooms that I will then cancel if any one needs them.

Vaughn has taken the suite. There is one standard room that may become available soon ($109/night). Please let me know if you if anyone needs it.

Team FGMCC - Good job with the secret plan to get the Peoples family to stay in a different hotel / as far away from us as possible. 

Ooops - did I just type that as a public post???    Damn,. I mean -- Nice job Vaughn, way to jump on that "special deal"

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

Dinner for the banquet is arranged. We have a restaurant all to ourselves with a great buffet and dessert. The banquet will be from 4pm to 6pm on Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

Good one Matt, lol. 

I have all three of my boys bringing Montes along with one wife and a girl friend. They can all now stay in the cabin and Kathie and I can now have our own room, ahhhhh . Peaceful sleeps............well if Keith doesn't keep us up all night. :2beers:

• Like 1

Good one Matt, lol. 

I have all three of my boys bringing Montes along with one wife and a girl friend.. :2beers:

Wow, you have more than one wife AND a girlfriend. You truely my Hero!!!

rob

• Like 1