? On speaker installation

vince

I haven't figured out yet how to post pictures here.

I probably need to cut the bracket down some to accept the larger magnet speaker.

I seem to remember drilling the rivets out on the old speakers and using the angle pieces to mount the new speakers to the bracket so they will mount the same way.

I saw a set of brackets on ebay for sale where one of them looked like the factory bracket but the other was a little different. Maybe for a later model and they had cut away some of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...167815&rd=1

I was finally able to get the drivers side speaker in after butchering the mounting bracket and manipulating the mounting ears But it is still right at the gauge cluster and printed circuit. Haven't installed the radio yet. I hope it will work ok.

• 3 weeks later...

HEY GUYS,I FINALLY TOOK THE DASH COVER OFF MY 71(WITH AIR)AND WANTED TO SAY THANKS BECAUSE YOU GUYS WERE 100% RIGHT, I OVERLOOK THE FACT THAT THE BRACKETS FOR THE TWO SPEAKERS WERE IN THE WINDOW AND THERE WAS NO CENTER SPEAKER LIKE I THOUGHT.I'M IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING THE WHOLE INTERIOR AND I'M GOING TO RUN NEW WIRES AND NEW SPEAKER NOW THAT EVERTHING IN GUTTED OUT.

• 4 weeks later...