Replacement for Exploding/Deluxe Seatbelts

quarterbooty

I have the deluxe (exploding) seat belts made by Robbins in my 72. As the name implies, the plastic retainer in the buckle tends to break and the guts fall out. It's a complete junk design. I've replaced several buckles already, and now i have another one that has cracked. Is there a drop in replacement for these? At a minimum something that works with all the current mount points (the shoulder and lap belts are separate in the front). Ideally, I would like to keep the belt retractors. Any help is appreciated.

Nick

My 71 has / had them and one did stop working. I now have the MORRIS 3 point system. Prior to this I never used the shoulder belt so I feel the change was a good thing for me. Here is a link to several pics.

Bruce

Morris 3 point in my 71

My wife Glendia highly recommended the Morris belts before we went to Hiawassee two years ago and glad she did. Those belts along with the AC were two requirements for us taking the 72 to that meet.