Steering Wheel Position- 180 off

I finally went to install the horn cover on my stock 71 Monte Steering Wheel and it is 180 degrees off. Wheels are straight and the insignia "Monte Carlo" is upside down. Pulled the steering wheel off thought I would just have to flip it but the Horn relay is there.  Do I have to remove the steering shaft to get this right?  The steering column was rebuilt but I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks

What relay are you talking about?? Should only be a turn signal switch under the wheel. Are you talking about the spring etc for horn button? Is the contact plate on the button side with 3 screws all you need to change position?? Add some pics would help.

• 2 weeks later...

So how do I adjust the steering wheel? Will I need to disconnect the steering shaft from the Column to the Power steering pump? Or can I do it by pulling the Plates and retaining clip off?  Here some pictures hope they show up

post-44-0-63660800-1415584824_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-91447100-1415584879_thumb.jpg

by looking at your pictures, everything there is in the correct spot

there should be a line scribed on the end of the shaft where the nut goes to hold on the steering wheel, that line should point up (the horn wire is in the way and I can't see it in your picture)

at the steering shaft/column only goes on in one spot

and the rag joint only goes on one way

I don't remember if you can change it at the steering box or not :confused:

the only 2 other things I can think of is that the flex joint on the steering shaft has been taken apart and been put together 180out

or the front end alignment is way off (one tie rod is way shorter that the other)