Question for you rear disk conversion guys

cbolt

I bought a kit from Jegs. Looks just like The Right Stuff components. The procedure for adjusting the parking brake is to work the e-brake pedal repeatedly until the piston comes out enough to prevent the wheels from turning. So my question is for you guys who have done this before... how many pumps does it take already? I have been working the pedal for countless hours (Okay, maybe an hour all together) and it doesn't seem to be making a huge difference. Yes, the piston is moving but no, it hasn't adjusted itself to function properly yet.

As of right now, that is my biggest issue. Once I get the pistons close I can finish bleeding the system...

Tick, tock, tick, tock... Turkey run is this month....

Thanks in advance.

When you did your adjustment via the nut, did fluid leak out? Were you able to return the nut to its original position in order to cure the leak? When I made my adjustment, the brake fluid began leaking from around the nut and as I was turning it, the nut goes into the caliper body.... is that temporary just to move the piston or what? I stopped due to the leaking and didn't really notice whether or not the piston moved any. Once the nut gets recessed it is difficult to turn....

I am telling you this project has fought me every step of the way. Mr. Murphy is working overtime. :(

That seems to be a on going problem with that conversion. If it is Right Stuff call their Tech Dept. or check out their web site. They have a video. They are real

helpful. Good Luck. Those rear calipers are 1978 Caddy Eldorado. I have the set up but they are still in the boxes. Oh one thing. I remember that the bleeders should be looking down. Could be wrong. Memory is shot. LOL.

Carl

When I installed my set the system was dry. The "adjuster shaft" did go in as yours did. If I remember correctly I put a flat washer on it so it would only go in so far. I kept turning until the pad was tight on the rotor then went the opposite direction and the puck stayed out, reassembled.