Posting Links in Windows 8.1 using Internet Explorer

MCfan

There seems to be an incompatibility problem  between our new web software and Windows 8.1 when running Internet Explorer.  The specific problem occurs anytime I try to cut and paste a web address into the body of a new or reply post.  The generic paste function "Ctrl V" does nothing.  Invoking the Link icon is even worse because a dialog box comes up which allows the web address to be pasted into the URL line but then there is no way to continue inserting the link into your post.  If I try to abort/cancel the Link function, it posts a strange message and returns to the Link dialog box in an unending cycle, essentially locking up the computer until that window is deleted.

I have read every post I can find on the new system and can't find any answers to this problem, although it is clear that several other members have been experiencing the same problem.  I understand you can post links successfully if you are using the Firefox browser, but I am very reluctant to get multiple browsers running on my fresh Windows release - been there, done that before and nearly lost control of my system.

Is there some technical support function to which this problem can be addressed for further investigation and resolution or does our new software only work with certain operating systems and browsers?  Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this issue.

I really like CHROME with 8.1 or with 7 or XP.

I also like chrome on a first gen Monte Carlo!

Bruce

Had that problem also. I have been copying what I want to post. I then click on the clip board looking things in the top right hand side of the reply box. The first one on the left is the paste one. It works very much like when were adding a site on the old forum.