Sign in to follow this  

cards

I was just wondering if we may be able to get our hands on club cards sometime this year?

fgmcc

I see Montes all the time around town, but there is often nobody around. It would be nice to have some cards to leave and give a plug to the club. Do we have some available, or it would be nice if we could access a page so we could print some ourselves.

Wallaby you hit the spot, man.

Just today I was thinking why is it that I don't keep some FGMCC flyers in my car. I passed by 2 FGMCarlos today and they were parked, I could have left them a flyer, or better yet as you said, a card!!! Darn$%^###@$@**%

Yeah, a form of authorized FGMCC card that we could print to ourselves would be great. Good idea

Dave

I think the cards are a great idea. There are a few First Gens running around my area and I would like to invite the owners to be members. laugh

BB

I can have these done once and for all. I had samples made up, but the guy I had to do them pretty much fell off the face of the earth. I will find a new printer.

Pete, I'm not sure but I don't think you have to spend the money to have them done, we do have the logo in the database, therefore a simple printing software can be used to make the card design, I'm sure some of the computer Gurus in our club can help put it together, then you can diplay it and we'll print them out, NO??

I mean they don't actually have to be high quality card paper, everyone would be able to print on whatever paper they can.

My 2 cents :rolleyes:

Dave

Hey Hey

Yea what dave said all we have to do is have it set up in a format that we all can use download and print goodone we can even add our numbers so if they have questions they can call the person that pass the card (that's if you want to do that)

Dave

I can do it that way, i just need time to get it going since the computer crash wiped me out on a lot of stuff.

Pete,

Do you need me to re-send you the design that I worked up... oh man, when was it? April 2002?

The design that I worked up has the logo and Kevin's address and contact information on the front, as well as the club's mission statement on the back. smile

Dave

Yep I will print them out myself. I just wanna have them so we can let these other guys know about our badA$$ club and how and who to talk to.

winkBB

Dave, I do still have those files laugh they were some that i backed up the last time.

Well if we do it to where people print them up themselves what would be a good general format?

I would think that a good general format to use so that anyone could download them from this site and print them themselves would probably be .pdf. You don't need to have a drawing program to download a .pdf file correctly, just Adobe Acrobat Reader - which if I remember right is available from the Adobe website for free.

If we end up creating a file for everyone to be able to print their own cards from, then we'd probably want to make it one with multiple cards on it, complete with cut marks and all. I also think that having them printed on both sides might have to go out the window, too.

Any other thoughts about this?

Dave

Hi all,

If someone found a place that would print them reasonable, why couldn't we come up with an order form we could print and send in to order the cards already made?

Don't know if it's able to be done, but was a thought.

Les

If we end up creating a file for everyone to be able to print their own cards from, then we'd probably want to make it one with multiple cards on it, complete with cut marks and all. I also think that having them printed on both sides might have to go out the window, too.

Any other thoughts about this?

Dave

If laid out right, you can print directly onto perforated (sp?) business card stock that you can buy. And can print on both sides. Until we were able to cough up the money for "real" business cards, that's what we used for our business. Real business cards we have now, on heavy stock, are much better, but they are expensive.

Mickey

That's a good idea, Mick. No matter what, though, if everyone were to print their own cards they would be the ones purchasing their own stock to print them on, so I wonder how many would be willing to buy special stock like that?

Another drawback is that some PC printers don't like having heavier than standard paper run through them, either. Unfortunately there are a lot of variables to having members print their own cards. frown

Dave

Lets just imagine a situation where:

You meet a FGMC owner and hand him a business card that is actually printed on normal or slightly heavier print paper instead of high quality card paper it will not stop him from checking out the website.

If you see a FGMC parked you can stick under his wiper a flyer or one of those "paper cards" you have in your wallet, the importance is that the design is nice and it has the important info. on it.

Lets face it we're not travelling salesmen trying to impress someone with our fancy cards. The recipients of these cards will be willing and happy to check out the club so they would only need the basic info. not fancy advertising.

My 2 cents

Dave

Hey Hey

If you want to get a realy nice card you can buy photo cards I got a pack I forgot what I paid but it was not to much more then the reg card stock (got to know were to go like a computer show were you can get goodies like that cheep :rolleyes::P

Dave

Sign in to follow this