QA1 pro coil systems

Malyc

Anyone tried these? Considering getting them for mine since the suspension is worn, and was looking to upgrade to coil-overs.

If anyone has, how do they handle? What spring rates would you recommend front and rear? How was the install?

I have QA1 coilovers on the Monte in the front, together with Global West lower tubular control arms. Love the easy adjustments and ride height tuning.

They were pretty much a bolt-in.

I would be hesitant to use them with stock control arms since the coil-overs put much more load on the lower shock mounting points. The shock mounting points on the stock arms does not inspire confidence for coilovers.

Okay, so beefier control arms will be needed... Gotcha. This is gonna wind up costing more than the car did >.<

renovating a car is like renovating and furnishing a house...the car and the house are the cheapest thing...it's everything going into the project that's expensive....I have found out that besides motor and tranyy everything is either $500 or $1000 to buy

I have the QA1 front coil overs with the single adjustable shocks. Back when I got them there was only two choices on the springs rates, I can't remember the ratings but I got the stiffer of the two...kinda wish I got the softer ones, but then again if I would have I bet I would be saying I wish I got the stiffer ones, lol.  I have them on my stock arms and thought about all the weight on it while installing it but have been driving it for over 10 years and forgot all about it. I do not have coil overs on the rear but I do have the QA1 adjustable shocks on it. I do like the system and setting the front height to exactly where you want it is worth it. 

Price difference alone, it's looking like the Vikings are the way to go, at least for now... The price of the front end kit is the same as a single QA1 coilover...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Viking front & rear coilover kit from PST's eBay store for $1169.00 shipped to my door. You won't regret it. I'm running the coilovers with completely stock control arms F & R along with with factory F41 sway bars and have no issues and love the major difference they made. I believe they are 450# spring rate front and 250# rear, small block with air. Just call PST and they will give you the info on set up needed for your application.

http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9939/.f?sc=12

Not PST, but this is the same kit as an example

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141565048478

• 10 months later...

Thread from the dead!

I'm planning a front coil-over setup. I've heard from several sources that as far as coil-over shocks are concerned, QA1 is the lowest quality.

You folks with the Viking stuff, how's it holding up?

I'm looking at these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viking-Front-Coil-Over-Shocks-1968-72-GM-A-Body-big-block-/201032422679