inner fenders

silver71mc

I installed a pair of plastic inner fenders from the Parts Place four years ago and have been very pleased with them.  They are far easier to install and remove than the steel units (which I also have on my other Monte) and they shine up nicely for shows.  One major consideration is that the plastic units from the Parts Place are more dimensionally correct for Montes, including the opening size and shape for the A arm shields.  All of the steel units I am aware of are patterned after the Chevelle and have a larger opening for the A arms which require the larger Chevelle A arm shields. 

Another consideration is that they are made of a plastic that is softer and less rigid than the originals so sharp objects can mar the smooth finish.  I try to use fender protectors that lap over far enough to protect the inner fender as well as the outer.  

Likewise,  I picked up a set of the plastic units from The Parts Place to replace the new metal inner fenders that were on the '72 when I bought it, as the metal ones did not perfectly match the wheel opening contour.   I am really happy with the quality of the new plastic replacements.

Plastic was also installed in some Elcaminos, the 72 my grandpa had came with Plastic from the factory, and he replaced with steel.

Both my cars have the Steel ones, I did notice the AMD inners had a better fitment than the Goodmark ones I used before. It also helped I went ahead and elongated some of the holes the 2nd go around.

I like Shine, so I go with the steel ones and shoot them Single Stage Gloss Black. :)