Pro Systems Racing

cudax

Anyone ever use Pro Systems Racing Pro Series 4150 carbs? Are they worth the money or are they junk?

Mike

www.prosystemsracing.com

Great carburetor and Patrick's customer service is awesome. I ran 780 mechanical on previous engine (385) and have a 950 on my current mill. Fill out the info sheet email it in and he will put together a great carburetor. While no carburetor is perfect out of the box his are darn close. He will help you fine tune it, if needed, either over the phone or via email. Give him a shot. 

David

I purchased one of these from pro systems,I haven't been able to see how it performs on the street  yet because of the snow/ salt ect but the idle and response is great. I also filled out the online form and Patrick was very helpfull as said,don't know if he has fully recovered from his traffic accident yet and back to his desk. The carb he tailered made was for my 427 BB and also a 780 mechanical ,the only adj was to lower the idle a little .He says that a gain of 20-35 hp is usually what they produce.I also went with the optional billet metering blocks for 30$ and 5 more hp.Can't wait until the roads clear so I can give it a try.

Thanks everyone for your opinions! Sounds like I will be placing my order within the week. I take it no clearance issues for anyone? Should be the same as any other 4150 correct?

Same body dimensions as a 4150. No choke horn either. Make sure if you are going to run a PCV and non- ported or ported vacuum controlled parts to tell them so they can build it into baseplate. 

David

1 large port in the rear full vac  that i used for the pcv instead of pwr brakes ,I went to the manifold fitting in the back of the intake for brakes,2 small full vac in the front ,1 used for dizzy and the other plugged.

Another small issue was  the hold down stud thread for the air cleaner,it was 5/16 instead of 1/4 .

Another clearance issue was  I'm using the orig type open element chrome BB air cleaner with the base drop and the crankcase elbow had to be dented in for clearance for the secondary pump arm.

Also mine didn't come with the 3/8 " fuel fittings or filters  in the bowls, no base gasket  ,maybe if you ask they may be an option but I used the ones off my 770 .

Ordered the carb today from Patrick. Looks like a 950 cfm for me and I went with David's recommendation and had all the vacuum ports added.

Thanks again for everyone's input!

Mike

Not a minutes trouble out of my $706 worth of Carb LOL

Mine is a 4150 950 Double Pumper, and it will idle at a red light at 100 degrees on a humid day without flooding.

I made my first change to it this week, I upped jet sizes in the front and rear, its been on my car since 2009 I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I run Steves old Pro Systems 780cfm  carb from Patrick.  When Steve upgraded to a larger carburetor when he stroked his car his old carb was almost the exact carb for my application. As many have said bolt on and turn key.  Almost dead on from the factory with no issues since.

Dan 

Love my prosystems carb. 950hp that flows 850 for my small block. Not a hicup or hesitation. Money well spent. Would never buy an off the shelf carb ever again.