Rocker Panel Moldings

I am looking for Rocker Panel molding clips. I have the chrome, but the clips that I have will not work without damaging the chrome.

Anyone else had this problem, and find a solution?

Try this web site for clips http://www.wesales.com/ the clip # is 178

and it is a perfect fit.If they don't sell

direct they should be able to give you a

distributor in your local area. I hope this

helps.

Mike

------------------

My Monte Carlo Page

I got mine from my local GM Dealer. They even shipped them from back east for me. They were $3 Canadian each. Good Luck

------------------

Aaron

1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site

Monte131a.jpglogo_iamca.gif

If your wife ever says "Come and move this transmission so I can take a bath," You might be a Gearhead.

• 3 years later...

Iv'e been to quite a few websites looking for rocker panel mouldings and I remember they all stated you had to use your old clips.

Then I read somewhere else that the repro chrome rockers dont align with the holes correctly.

Someone sells some sort of adjustment attachments for this problem but, I can't remember for the life of me.

I got repro rocker chrome and the clips from Muscle Cars Only. I had to do some work on the clips to make them work without damaging the chrome. Basically I had to compress the piece of metal (on the back of the clip) that presses against the chrome and keeps it from sliding out of the edges. Without doing that it would dent the chrome. Then I used some silicone to secure the clip in place and keep it from falling off.

I also had to compress the part of the clip that goes in the hole and use silicone again to keep it from rattling around.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2003 at 10:36 AM, Guest said:

I am looking for Rocker Panel molding clips. I have the chrome, but the clips that I have will not work without damaging the chrome.

Anyone else had this problem, and find a solution?

I had the same problem and got some advice from another member and a link. Because I live in Canada I couldn't just order them from a local fastener shop and had to get from China. Well they showed up last week and I installed my rocker chrome with ease and no damage. The front  clips should be with an  bolt and nut and the rear with a plastic fitting and screw, the 8 in between are the plastic clips. I'll see if I can find the link.

6 minutes ago, Ralph said:

I had the same problem and got some advice from another member and a link. Because I live in Canada I couldn't just order them from a local fastener shop and had to get from China. Well they showed up last week and I installed my rocker chrome with ease and no damage. The front  clips should be with an  bolt and nut and the rear with a plastic fitting and screw, the 8 in between are the plastic clips. I'll see if I can find the link.

here is the link https://www.auveco.com/universal-moulding-fastener-nylon-8400