Another wheel and tire question.......no way

This should be pretty simple just wanted to double check with pros. 

long story short one of my old hockey pucks on the front decided to blow over the winter!

lucky for me i work for a certain state transportation dept and we have a huge tire  bin full of road finds. I went and had a look see and i found 2 brand new Michelin's. I'm talking still have the nubbys on the tread.

As seen in the picture my rims are nos 70-73 camaro 5 spoke rally wheels. i believe they are 15x7 with a 4 1/2 back spacing (not a 100% on the back spacing ) currently residing on the back are a set of 255/60r15 Goodyear eagle gt's. The Michelin's i just acquired are 235/70r15. 

My question is does anyone see a problem fitting the Michelin's up front i.e. rubbing or offsetting stance with the back tires?

thanks in advance for any help

post-476-0-92774600-1429248183_thumb.jpg

Not too much of a difference, I can't picture there being any issues, but hopefully someone on here who is using that setup will chime in. here's a link to the size comparison of the 2 http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=255-60r15-235-70r15

I like the look of the camaro wheels on your car a lot!

It works for me, Brandon, but I also installed a 1" spacer in my front springs.  I have 255/60-15 TAs on 15x7 rims with 4.5" bs up front and 275/60-15 TAs on 15x8 rims with 5" bs on the rear.

The only time I get a minor rub in front is if I have the wheel cranked way over and also get some vertical wheel travel like entering or backing out of a steep driveway.  You may have a bit more rubber on the ground in front than in back with that combo, but they are similar otherwise, as Tony has said.  Besides, you can hardly beat the price!!!  :grin:

post-567-0-05546700-1429268246_thumb.jpg

As Tony, Sam and Dennis have said, you really should be OK...  each car settles out a little differently, so it's really a try-it-to-see.  My tires are exactly 1" taller than the ones that you are contemplating, so yours certainly aren't beyond reason.

Brandon, I'm currently looking @ 72 z28 15 x 8 rims with 5" backspacing, can I run 23570R15 all around with no issues?

I know you were not sure of the backspacing on yours, the ones I'm looking at are definitely 5".

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for the response Bones ,I have a complete new stock suspension in the front, sits a little high,

back has HD coils with airbags. I'm a little concerned as well, I thought I'd be OK with 235's, but the thing that concerned me was the 5" backspacing. I"ve read in the forum that 5" is too much. Decisions -decisions. 

• 2 weeks later...