Chevelle Springs?

Ok so I have used Eibach Springs on several other build before and I like the progressive rate that you get from them.  However, Eibach does not offer a kit for a Monte.  They do offer one for a small block Chevelle.  Will these fit in a Monte if I order for  72 Chevelle to be installed in a 72 Monte.  The Monte is currently a small block car and it will receive a very aluminized big block at some point so I'm not worried about the 100 to 150 lb difference.

• 4 weeks later...

After getting the car home and comparing her to others I figure the springs are sagged pretty bad. I'm guessing they are the originals. However I like the height but want a progressive rate. What is the factory fender lip height front and back? I want to make sure I get the right springs. I'll be pretty mad if I put new springs on her and she sits up like a truck. I'm going to run between a 26-27 inch tall tire. Thanks again

Matt,

You will indeed see a marked increase in height with the installation of the new stock springs.  You can see the ride of the front-end on my red '72 below, with stock springs swapped in...   and this is a big-block car.  The tires in the rear of it are 27.5".   Since this picture was taken, I've added the same height tire to the front as well.  Therefore, to end the 4x4 look, I swapped the springs for BMR 2" lowering springs, and installed tall lower ball joints to take another 1/2" off of the height while correcting the horrible bump-steer that our car's geometry creates.   The result was a perfect correction.

I planned on doing tall ball joints,  I didn't plan on using factory springs.  I was only curious on what factory height was so I know how much drop from factory I would have to expect when I order drop springs.  I'm going to measure the wheel well height so hopefully I can get a comparison from someone.