Hey guys,

I'm refreshing my armrests and they are all nice and new looking, but the plastic chrome piece on the back is looking pretty bad.  What is holding them in place, I want to replace them, have the new ones, but do I have to take off the whole door panel to replace them?

Patrick,

Don't expect the new reproduction ones to hold up very well.  Plain and simply are not as good of quality as he original's

Rob

My orginials were painted black by the previous owner. Would like the chrome ones but the CFO syas I have spent my limit on the 72 already this year.

I did the same asTony, paiinted and cleared them. Although, when taking them off I did break of a coulpe of the clips, I used double sided tape to hold them in place when putting the arm rest back on. Good as new.

I replaced them in my 70 Monte. I could not get the clips off without breaking the tabs. The new ones look good.

Got a set of baseplates (for a 68 Chevelle) like Andreas that are exact reproductions in billet aluminum - very cool but yet to be installed (found them on eBay a few years back, but haven't seen them since unfortunately).  I did install the chrome strip they used as well that goes in the indentation in the plastic armrest.  Just to dress it up a bit...

DSC02862.jpg?1432947392558