5.3 install???

vince

Someone out there has to make a custom header for this application. If you can't find anything that fits directly, you can find something close and massage it a little with a hammer. This only works on tubular headers though, not on cast manifolds. This is a cool swap, B) keep up the good work! I hope you find a solution.

Tons of options out there as this swap keeps getting more popular, 68-72 Chevelle search will be ur best bet as many more Chevelles have already been done than montes.

http://m.summitracing.com/search/product-line/hedman-husler-ls-engine-swap-headers

I'm still looking for a solution, the GTO manifolds are so close to getting it right.

As for fuel I'll be adding a Walbro GSL392 external pump and Use the stock fuel rail and a in line fuel filter. The plan is to run this setup for a few years and change the intake to a LS1or6 intake later.

• 1 month later...

It looks like I have found a perfect fit for the exhaust manifolds. These are off a 2010-15 Camaro, I really like the looks and fit. Happy Happy!!!!

With a little luck and more $$$$$$ I should have this thing running in a few weeks.

post-122-0-38107200-1440524997_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-05039900-1440525104_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-70687600-1440525559_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took the 5.3 out for it first run in a monte and it was awsome, the throttle response was great, The shift points on the rebuild 4ll60e was a little differant but that 4th gear was sweet. There is still a few little things to do and I did spring a few leaks but that's to be expected. Over all I'm very pleased with the performance. I'm still not liking the tall intake and that altinator sitting way up in the sky but that will grow on me for now.

What do think?

post-122-0-73227200-1442102780_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-59499100-1442102804_thumb.jpg

Well I was off on a sabbatical this summer so I had plenty of time. Plus I had a couple of good coaches walking me through the project. A little surprised myself cause all the little things the needed to be converted and all the wires, they can be a little intimidating.

I've been following this and watching for updates.  I have 6.0/4L80 sitting in the corner waiting for me to yank the tired old 350 out.(Decided against a big block)  Probably going to be winter project.  Work full time and school full time leaves me on the sidelines watching everybody else play.  Awesome work, and very fast at that.

Ian I did use the stock 5.3 harness but some of the sensors were removed off the top of my head I cant remember which ones. what I found as odd is that harness in now way ties into the factory harness other than a few ignition n tie in at the fuse block.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The radiator i had was a 3 core so i used it, as for the hoses the stock upper hose i used for the lower hose on the 5.3 I think i had to cut off 2".

for the upper hose I bought one for a 2002 Chevy truck