THat question about heads again...

Mfoge5

Ok whats up everyone I was hoping to have the question of camel humps vs vortecs answered for my build.. I have been doing someresearch and seem to think the vortecs are the way to go but if I do will they work or what will it take to get them to work.  Ok I recently picked up a 1970 Monte (for $1100!! H#ll Ya!!)  post-2341-0-59390600-1434042469_thumb.jpgand am am adding and replacing some thingson the motor (350c.i.) and I have come across a pair of vortecs casting 187 for really really cheap all rebuilt and ready to go.. My question is/are ..are they worth it performancewise ? replacing my stock 186camel humps.. if they are will they work with my cam ?? comp 30/30 .504 lift? No right? so what will they need to work exactly ?? from what Ive read its manifold, guides ground down and springs? Is that all?  thanks for the help....

Until GM designed the LS platform,  the Vortec heads were the best flowing heads in their stable. Stone stock, they will out flow a set of ported camel-humps.  I still have several engines and Vortec heads on the shelf...  when using a small block, they are the 'go-to' formula.

They do take a dedicated intake manifold  The guides will be dictated by the flavor of cam that you choose.  You can use your current cam with some work on the heads: 

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/148-0208-vortec-heads-valve-lift/