Problem with ac. Think it's the poa

Ooltewahman

You have to replace the condenser and the POA valve has to be calibrated for 134a to get the proper cooling with 134a.The size of coil is the problem.Got all my stuff from Classic Auto air and it cools just like r12.Black on black in 95 degree weather here in Ga.The guys at Classic in Fla really helped me

I did not have to convert mine from R12. Last year before the eastern meet I put 134A in it ranit in for the meet come home evacuated it . Put 401 in it. it is a direct change over from R12. It pays to have friends in industrial A/C Biz. It lasted to the end of the year till it went in the body shop

Can you give more info on the size of the Condenser??Like the size of it or part number. I never thought that would be a issue.

Carl

Absolutely need to flush out all the old r12 oil. no need to replace compressor. Recalibrate poa for 134A or take it out & put in a poa eliminate kit & wire in the pressure cycling switch & re fill 85% of the total r12 rating can't remember at the moment like 85% of 3lbs. 

It has to do with size of tubes and I think square inchs in condenser but call Classic and they can tell you.Great to work with.But you do have to recalibrate the poa valve for 134a.I used to use Freeze12 but can't get it anymore so I went to redo everything durning rebuild.

I have the POA Update Thing, it comes already made for R134A. I have original Evaporator, Condensor, all Lines. New Compressor from Oldair.com, its aluminum, much lighter than big heavy A6, and new Drier and Expansion Valve. So Far except for some hickups mostly of my own doing Cold and Comfortable.

My A6 started leaking out the Blowoff Valve, and Rebuilt Compressors are a wasted of time and money. I have had to gas my car 3x this year!!! First time, thought the A6 was leaking around O-rings, replaced them, gassed it, leaking out blowoff, installed new compressor, gassed it, then blew a O ring! I think I put in to much Freon, but only about 3 1/2 cans, guess it was to much. Replaced that, now gassed it today and hopefully its done. Luckily I bought $4 can Freon at a swap meet. :tired:  This time I got in approx. 2 3/4 12 once cans. R134 takes less than 12, on the original sticker it says 4 lbs.

I really like my S6 compressor. It cools really well and looks very much like the A6 but has teflon coated pistons and weighs 54% less. I also put in a new condenser, drier and expansion valve two years ago.  The rebuilt A6 started leaking behind the clutch is the reason for the S6.