2016WMLogo250.jpg

13th Annual Western Meet

Grass Valley, CA

September 9 - 11, 2016

2016-Cruisin-the-PINES-logo.pngCruisinthePinesOverview.jpg

Event
Event: Cruisin The Pines
Event web site: http://www.roaminangels.com/htmls/carshow.html

The 2016 Western Meet will be held in the historic gold mining town of Grass Valley, California located in the western foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. The Cruisin The Pines event includes a car show, poker run, vendors and live entertainment over a 3-day period in September.

Weekend Schedule
Thursday:
Pizza party at the hotel

Friday:

Foothill Cruise

BBQ and live music

Saturday:

Car show

Art show

Car corral

Sunday:

Morning poker run cruise

Car show

Art show

Event awards

FGMCC awards banquet and door prizes

Indy 500 winner Alexander Rossi will be at the event during the weekend.

Event registration

Pre-registration for the event before August 13st is $35 plus the Friday BBQ tickets at $8 each. If you do not pre-register, the cost is $40 at the gate plus the BBQ tickets. Make sure you indicate "FGMCC" in the club affiliation section of the registration form.
Registration form:
http://www.firstgenmc.com/album/16WMeet/CTPRegistration.pdf

Hotel info

Best Western Gold Country Inn

972 Sutton Way, Grass Valley, CA 95945, United States

(530) 273-1393

We have held a block of 15 rooms until August 7, 2016 under the name Monte Carlo Club. If you need a room at the hotel, you need to phone the number above and reserve a room. Make sure you tell them you are with the group Monte Carlo Club. All rooms are two queen beds, non-smoking.

- Includes a breakfast each day.

- We will have our own area to block off for club parking.

- Several restaurants and shopping nearby.

- Facilities will be made available to us to wash cars.

Rates:

Thursday $129

Friday $159

Saturday $159

Sunday $129

These rates are at the higher end of what we typically have for a meet hotel but there is limited quality hotel rooms in Grass Valley so this is the best the hotel can do on their busiest weekend of the year. As of today (9 months before the meet) they have already booked all but 18 rooms of this hotel. If you plan to attend the meet I recommend you book your hotel ASAP to ensure you get a room. If you are still uncertain as to whether you can attend but want to book a room, note that they have a cancellation policy of 24 hours prior to expected arrival. If anyone is going solo, you can save some cash by sharing a room with another member who is also on their own. I have done this a few times over the years and is a great money saver.

June 25, 2016: I have been informed that the Best Western is full as well as most other decent accommodations in Grass Valley. Here are some other options:

Holiday Inn Express (530 477 1700) and Court Yard Suites(530-272-2696) in Grass Valley. Holiday Inn may have a couple of Queen Rooms Available over the period of the 8th - 12th. Court Yard currently has a couple of queen suites available...two room kind of affairs sleeping 4 adults....and may have several rooms come available at the end of July. The rooms are currently reserved for weddings but not yet paid for.

There are several B&B's in town. Lamb House, Swan Levine House, Piety Hill.

Google B&B's in Grass Valley/Nevada City. Lamb & Swan Levine are in Downtown G.V.

Newly opened up is the "In Town Camp Ground" I think besides camping they have a couple of small cottages.

There are also houses/cottages for short term rental in the immediate area (within 10 minutes from the Fair Grounds). Try Perfect Place Retreats  530 477 8777. Mention you'd be coming for the Roamin Angels show.

If those are full, you can also try the Holiday Inn in Auburn 530-887-8787

We will have activities from Thursday evening (September 8th) through Sunday night (September 11th). You can decide on how much of the weekend to participate in. Most members will arrive by Thursday evening and leave on Monday morning but some members will just come for a shorter visit. Club members must inform Aaron (dodsyaaron@gmail.com or 250-494-4024) if you are planning on attending the meet. This will be important for planning the activities for the weekend. You must be a dues paying FGMCC member to participate in the meet activities.

grass-valley-now-image.jpg

grass-valley-real-estate-slider.jpg

All right! I might be able to attend an event in this country!

Me too, Murray.  Maybe we could have a Monte Convoy from AZ :)

• Like 1

In concert with Aaron, I'll be making some test cruises through the foothill's lakes and forest drives and arranging activities to make for an enjoyable, worthwhile, long weekend next year.  Doug

• Like 1

That's great Doug! Looking forward to taking a cruise through that area. It looks pretty scenic and would offer some great photo opportunities.

Me too, Murray.  Maybe we could have a Monte Convoy from AZ :)

That would be great if you two could make it from Arizona. That would be roughly the same distance that I'm driving.

That's great, we're counting on you Patrick.

And...  I'm thinking that a September road trip back down to catch another Paso Robles car show might just be in order this year.  We'll have to stop in to catch your famous Holy Roller service while we're there!

Doug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We have roughly a 2,200 mile round trip including some of the Oregon/California coast. We leave on Tuesday for Portland, OR, then to Crescent City, CA and arriving in Grass Valley on Thursday.

• 4 weeks later...

In this part of winter, I thought it would be nice to have a reminder of what it will be like at the meet less than 8 months away. For those of you who have not attended a Western Meet before, be sure to check out the recent photo albums.

http://www.firstgenmc.com/album/15WMeet/15WMeet.shtml

http://www.firstgenmc.com/album/14WMeet/14WMeet.shtml

Here's a few selected photos to get you through winter...

med_gallery_98_4_3359384.jpg

med_gallery_588_72_1413157485_2078.jpg

med_gallery_588_143_1413157663_5824.jpg

med_gallery_98_4_965190.jpg

med_gallery_588_177_1413157646_5453.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

So when can we register for the Show?  Or did I miss something.

Doug

Registration for the show is not available yet. I will post once registration is open.

• 2 weeks later...

I should be receiving the registration form soon.

A member from California sent me this image of the handout for the event. They put a 72 Monte in the Event Logo!! Very cool!

CTP.png

My discussions today with the car club that is putting on the event we are attending reaffirm that we chose the right event for our meet. They are very eager to make this a great meet for us. The registration forms are in the mail and I will scan it for all of you as soon as I receive it. On top of the fact that they put a 72 Monte in their 2016 event logo they plan to work some info about our club into their publicity. They are being very helpful with the restaurant choices for our banquet also.

I originally anticipated 15-20 members attending. I have roughly 18 members expected thus far but that number could grow.

If you have not yet informed me that you are attending the meet, please do so. I need to have a rough idea of the people in our group to plan appropriately.