2016 Western Meet - Grass Valley, CA

Canuck

Bummer, doesn't look like I'll make the Meet this year :(.  The host event looks great, with lots of old friends and some new Montes to be admired.  Until next year.......

• 4 weeks later...

So Aaron, what is the itinerary Thursday evening and Friday before I register for the event?  There may be some events within the Show some members might elect to register for unless conflicting with planned Club activities.    :)

Doug 

So Aaron, what is the itinerary Thursday evening and Friday before I register for the event?  There may be some events within the Show some members might elect to register for unless conflicting with planned Club activities.    :)

Doug 

Thursday evening will be pizza at the hotel. Friday morning we will be going on a cruise and should be done in the afternoon.

5 months to go!!!
:yay: :yay: 

5 months from today many of us will be arriving in Grass Valley for another great meet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like we will have over 20 members for this year's meet.

If you have not yet informed me that you are attending, please do so as soon as you can as this will help us plan the meet.

If there are any questions regarding the hotel or event registration, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been informed that the Best Western is full as well as all other decent accommodations in Grass Valley. If you have trouble finding a room in Grass Valley, the nearby Holiday Inn in Auburn has rooms.

Holiday Inn
Auburn
530-887-8787

Also see post below regarding hotels.

Holiday Inn Express (530 477 1700) and Court Yard Suites(530-272-2696) in Grass Valley. Holiday Inn may have a couple of Queen Rooms Available over the period of the 8th - 12th. Court Yard currently has a couple of queen suites available...two room kind of affairs sleeping 4 adults....and may have several rooms come available at the end of July. The rooms are currently reserved for weddings but not yet paid for.

There are several B&B's in town. Lamb House, Swan Levine House, Piety Hill.

Google B&B's in Grass Valley/Nevada City. Lamb & Swan Levine are in Downtown G.V.

Newly opened up is the "In Town Camp Ground" I think besides camping they have a couple of small cottages.

There are also houses/cottages for short term rental in the immediate area (within 10 minutes from the Fair Grounds). Try Perfect Place Retreats  530 477 8777. Mention you'd be coming for the Roamin Angels show.

• 3 weeks later...

This year's Indy 500 winner Alexander Rossi will be at the event in Grass Valley. Very cool!

B9322377646Z.1_20160530231631_000_GASEHP

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I can win the procrastination award this year. If not, I can wait till next time. LOL

I booked today at the Holiday Inn Express. No issue, they still had rooms. (whew)

I plan to drive up Friday morning.

Do you have an idea when the club will set out on the Friday cruise?

Just trying to figure how early I need to get up there.

• Like 1

Maybe I can win the procrastination award this year. If not, I can wait till next time. LOL

I booked today at the Holiday Inn Express. No issue, they still had rooms. (whew)

I plan to drive up Friday morning.

Do you have an idea when the club will set out on the Friday cruise?

Just trying to figure how early I need to get up there.

We'll likely be leaving the Best Western at 10am.

3 weeks from today I'll already be several hundred miles into the road trip.

Note that pre-registration for the Cruisin the Pines event closes Aug 31st. You can register during the event weekend but it is $5 more to do so.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Arrangements have been made for the FGMCC banquet at 4:30pm on Sunday afternoon (Sep 11th). We will be going to Smiley Guys Smoke House which is only a 4 min drive from the Best Western hotel. They have reserved the entire patio for us. We will do awards and door prizes at 4:30 and then dinner will follow at roughly 5:45. The buffet will be $12 per person.

:yay::party:

• 2 weeks later...

Weather looks a little iffy in Portland.  Looking at taking the Coast down but depending on how server the weather gets, might elect to just shoot down I-5 going

and return up the Coast.  Will decide Wednesday morning.

Doug