Another Western Meet is over

Canuck

Man, what an great time! Awesome people, nice cars, fun event and great scenery. It was 100 degrees all weekend and blue skies. Already looking forward to next year's meet in Grass Valley, California.

It started when Mat and Christine showed up a few days early. April and I spent some time checking out the local sights, wineries and even went ziplining all before the meet got going. Some members arrived Wednesday night and we greeted them as they drove into the hotel parking lot. On Thursday we spent most of the day on a long cruise stopping at a few sights along the way. More members arrived Thursday evening and we had our pizza party at the hotel. It was great to see so many familiar faces as well as meet new members. There were a lot of hugs and handshakes going around as the FGMCC family was together again. Friday we participated in the wine cruise that was part of the Peach City Beach Cruise event. We had a great lunch along the way and the group sampled some wines from the 5 wineries on the route. Saturday was the car show with 730 cars, car auction, farmers market and live entertainment along the sandy beach of Okanagan Lake near downtown Penticton. We had a great day there with our 24 first gen Montes and received some great reactions from people. Sunday we attended the Peach City beach cruise awards and the club received the club participation award beating out some good sized competition from other clubs. Pat Trottier and Vaughn Peoples received 2nd and 1st prizes in the Monte Carlo class. For the afternoon, we had our FGMCC awards and door prizes at a local restaurant. We spent one last night enjoying each others' company at the hotel before retiring for the evening... for some of us, it was the early morning hours that we finally got into bed. We just did not want it to end.

There are some photos posted here but there will be more to come.

http://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13940-western-meet-photos/

Beautiful area and GREAT venue Aaron.  Definitely would want to do this one more often! :2beers: for an  excellent selection, excellent time and as always, your excellent attention to making them each so successful (well, except maybe for the heat) :rofl: .............

Doug

Gwen and I had a great time. Got to see some familiar faces and meet new ones as well. Loved all the cars and really dug the big commitment from some who drove so far far and those who put up with the mechanical issues. I salute you!! And thanks for allowing me to tell some stupid stories and apologies to those I might have insulted on my Bend Oregon rant. Finally thanks to Aaron and family for putting on a great weekend, A BIG awesome!! Thanks!

and thanks for allowing me to tell some stupid stories and apologies to those I might have insulted on my Bend Oregon rant!

LOL!! I personally look forward to "storytime with Tim" every year. Thank you for the wonderful laughs - that bend story had us all laughing so hard we were in tears.

The Bend Oregon rant comment interests me since years ago I was a favorite with a certain state trooper there on a semi weekly basis.

I don't think it was offensive at all. Pretty much a general observation that could be applied to many west coast cities. Very humorous. Storytime with Tim is always great. Funny and informative at the same time.

I have a video I am putting together of the weekends events. hope to have that done soon.

A great time for sure!!!!!

Aaron and April, thank you so much for all the work you put into our Western Meet. Without your time and effort, this event would not be the success it is.

The Western Meet has turned into an event that my family looks forward to every year.

It is always nice seeing old friends and meeting new members.

Vaughn and Kathie