18's in rear and 17's up front

• 1 month later...

No issue in doing so but just make sure the height of sidewall of rear tire is the same or larger than front or it will look funny.

There was actually a 56 Nomad in one of the magazines a few years back with 18" up front and 17" in rear do to large wheel opening in front and smaller wheel opening in rear. It actually looked OK.

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hey shoassales thanks for the compliment...the tires are mickey thompson sprtsman radials and measure 29x15-20..sorry no more pics avail at the moment....the tire was just placed there to see how it looks..I have now cut out 4 inches of the trunk to allow room..there will be1 1/2 from lip to tire and the same from tire to frame/wheelwell..it looks like I will be tubbing it..a little

• 1 month later...

the frame and well are almost in line with each other..according to Bill's chart i should be able to notch the frame..I have already cut 4" of the trunk pan out just in case I end up backhalfing the frame in the furture..as for now I will try to notch as much as I can as a backhalf is an expensive venture ..with the dollar the way it is ..even if I do it myself...In the pic I have supported the tire to see how the car would look with the tires..me so happy