71 monte carlo ss

orbit

Joe, the more I look at it I think it's Burnt Orange.

Scan_20190706.jpg

Scan_20190706 (2).jpg

Not trying to stick my nose into your business, but according to my paperwork code 67 ( classic copper) was a "special color" available on Camaro's only in 1970. Not sure about your or other years. 

To the best of my knowledge, for the Monte Carlo, the Classic Copper was a 1971 model year color.  If that is a date code on Bruce's "Burnt Orange" chip that date would be just before the 71's were released but again, for a Monte Carlo it was called Classic Copper.

That said, back then you could order a car with other colors than the normal factory colors.  I was at a car show a number of years ago and saw a Monte Carlo with a color that I knew was not a normal production color.  I talked to the owner for quite some time.  He showed me a special order sheet for the car and the color listed on the special order sheet as a Pontiac color Firebird color.  The gentleman told me he had ordered a Pontiac Firebird because he loved the color.  A week after he bought the Firebird it was stolen.  His insurance company that at that time Firebird's were the most stolen car of any other car.  It was not the car he had fallen in love with, it was the color so he Special Ordered that Monte Carlo in the Firebird color.   I had to admit it was a beautiful color

rob

From what I know code 67 is classic copper .On the Monte Carlo it was only available in 71 making it a one year only color. It's a tricky color it depends on the light sometimes it looks brown but in the sunlight it's a burnt orange. 

• Like 1

Cool story Rob. She is definitely code 67. But just like the reds on a 70s corvettes they can get a little tricky that's why I'm not gonna strip this pillar section of my car till I get it computer matched for the color. Excited to be back on this project. Work has been crazy busy so it kind of got shelved but it's time to pick up where I left off

X2 to what Kevin said. While disassembling  my 71 402 4speed, code 67, classic Copper Monte Carlo we uncovered the original paint on the cowl area behind the fender. When cleaned up and depending on the light and angle you looked at it it would shift from brown to almost a burnt orangish.code 67 is a one year only color for the Monte Carlo. 

Like Bruce said the different divisions of GM called the same color a different name. They still do that. We just leased a 2019 Equinox and Chevy called the color Sand Drift  GMC called it Coppertino. It was a discontinued color for GMC but still available for Chevy. We ordered the Equinox and right after we received it Chevy discontinued it also. The Equinox was assembled in Canada and usually takes 10 days to 2 weeks for it to arrive at a Dealership here in the States. Our car was assembled on a Tuesday and it arrived in Alexandria IN on Thurs.