Been a long long road but the light at the end of the tunnel in Saturday!!

Rock

Now Rob is signing his posts? A big shot after being part of the Hollywood scene? Lol

No, me signing my posts is nothing new, I have always signed my posts either Rob, rob, RVP or rvp. some here even used to refer to me as RVP

rob

I would not try to use used clips unless nothing else is available. I have tried using them before and they have almost always broke from the plastic rotting.

20151026_164624_zpseb67lnrz.jpg

These metal clips will be just what the Dr. Ordered to put the vinyl top trim on the monte and much better at holding it in place over those plastic clips.

Still not sure how to do the sail panels yet. I may take the sail panel covering off the inside and use these clips if I can figure out how to get them off. Would I be able to get at then through the trunk?

A local guy did his top that way and used some of the original he got from me, he had to cut one piece and extend it to the drip rail, actually looked good, the shop did a good job. You would probably need another piece that runs along the sail panel to cut and splice to both sides.

Of course I prefer the original overall, are you going to have to have that seen area painted now?

Some day I may have the roof changed back to original, but for right now I will leave it as is. I think I will ise the roof molding and form them to fit the sail panels.

Atleast it will be stainless that way, I was impressed with Jonathan Blakely's car, look him up on Facebook and see if he can send you some close ups of his top.

Atleast it will be stainless that way, I was impressed with Jonathan Blakely's car, look him up on Facebook and see if he can send you some close ups of his top.

It will be the correct stainless not the generic molding that was manually bent around the corners....looks terrible, you can see the vinyl underneeth the molding.