AUTO BODY REPAIR - vinyl trim tool

I am needing to remove the trim around my vinyl top. Could some one tell me exactly the tool I need and how to do it? Also, is it a different tool for front and back windshield trim?

Just an aside. Last week got an excellent rear bumper off EBAY for $40 (shipping included) from some guy who cleans out forclosed houses in Phoenix and sells the stuff he finds in them on Ebay. I couldn't believe it. It had only been on for about an hour when I saw it and the first bid was set for $10, but he had a "buy it now" price of $20. I guess that is one of those once in a lifetime things.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know of any special tool, but I removed my this weekend using just a screwdriver. The clips/tabs that mount the trim to the body have an enlarge hole at one end. Move trim i the direction of the larger hole and the trim will relase from the post. Or using the screwdriver gently lift under the trim by the tab and the trim snaps off the tab. Be careful.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CA72:

I am needing to remove the trim around my vinyl top. Could some one tell me exactly the tool I need and how to do it? Also, is it a different tool for front and back windshield trim?

Just an aside. Last week got an excellent rear bumper off EBAY for $40 (shipping included) from some guy who cleans out forclosed houses in Phoenix and sells the stuff he finds in them on Ebay. I couldn't believe it. It had only been on for about an hour when I saw it and the first bid was set for $10, but he had a "buy it now" price of $20. I guess that is one of those once in a lifetime things.</font>

I've seen a GM tool at a local hardware store for removing all GM trim. Check a store out near you to see if they offer one.

------------------

Adam

She ain't quick off the line, but she sho' cruises fine.