metal ring at bottom of front coil spring-what is it

i just removed my front coil springs only to find a silver metal ring that the coil sets into the control at.i didnt see it listed in my shop manaul .what is it and do i need it. thanks gene

Suspect it isn't very thick. A spacer to compensate for difference between right and left ride heigths. Difference could exist due Andreas' reason or manufacturing. Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4/10bolt, Branson participant

'71 Sandalwood SS454

'71 Project Darkest of Dark Green Metallics/GenIII346LS1/4L65E/12bolt posi

71Monte-1.jpg

andreas, you are fast and good.i just came from the only two spring shops in cleveland and that is what they stated also . going back to the garage to install my new hotchkis springs,hoping for less sag.funny someone would go though all the trouble of splitting the a arms to only add sag helpers and not 80.00 coil springs though. thanks gene

andreas, just looked in my old chevy parts catalog and they list a coil spacer for 70 monte .2.15 cost . only 70 and only monte .must not be very important. gene

just bringing it to the top ,im inclined to reinstall it just because it is listed in the gm catalog for 70 monte. im using the hotchkis 1916 new springs. gene