extra wire issue

wallaby

I have a small (18ga?) black wire hanging off my horn relay (I think) and it has a funny end on it that looks kinda like a miniature sparkplug boot. Inside the end it has a 1/4" shiny round terminal that looks like maybe a fuse should be against it. I can't find where the wire should connect....can't find the other end. Anyone have any clues?

Sounds like it may have had an additional horn added, maybe an airhorn, with inline fuse. If your horn still works, I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck.

Um is it a bullet type connector, like the type on the liscence plate lamp, or it could be for the hood light, ah I am baffled???? does it look orignal?

------------------

• 69 custom camper/cst 10
  • 70 monte carlo
  • 73 chevelle 4 door

deluxe"kermit": no carpet(rubber floor) no floor, no trunk still drives (D.Ot'd finally)

• 74 cheyenne super 20 454 SOLD frown
  • 77 fully loaded silverado

that my Grandpa gave me

• 1980 BMW 320i(at least it isnt Japanese)
  • 1981 ford f150 4x4
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)

000_0008.JPG?dc=4675423406604336817

It does look original. It is connected to a terminal on the horn relay that has a bunch of stuff going to it. The way the relay is positioned, it is the terminal closest to the radiator, and the wire is about 18" long. That funny end doesn't look like it has any grooves or tabs to lock it with something else; it looks like a pure push-on fit. There isn't room for a fuse in this thing, (it might be the male end), as the shiny terminal is barely covered by the cone-shaped boot.

It might help to mention that my car is a 71 BB/AC.

OK, I thought you were wrong so I set out to prove it, and found that it is indeed the fuse and connector for the underhood light.

There was an old fuse firmly stuck in the end I was looking at, so the round shiny thing WAS the fuse! I feel pretty stupid, but thanks to your help I can sleep again.

Quote:
Originally posted by montefrazer:
Don't lose that little fuse if you are going to have a hood light. They are hard to find.

Oh Really? frown.gif My fuse broke a couple months ago. The glass part broke so I have no size to compare it to. The metal ends should (hopefully) have a code stamped in it though.

------------------
Aaron
1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site
\...pg\"