is this right rear end gears

Can someone look at this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33731&item=2435209711 and tell me if these gears will fit on my 12 bolt open 2:73 carrier. BTY what series carrier are these 2:73? I am assuming a 3 but I thought I read somewhere that they are a 2 and only good for a 2:73 or 3:08 gears. If thats so that means I will need a 3 seriers if I want to go with a lower gear. I am wanting a 3:42 or something close to that. As always Thanks for any input.

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

If it sounds like Thunder!!! Me and My Monte have just rolled in!!!

1970 MC SS or one heck of a clone Needs restored

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WindStar

2002 Dodge Ram

[This message has been edited by busmechanic (edited 10-03-2003).]

Here is what I have heard:

The 12 bolt Positraction carrier goes: series 2 = up to 2.90; series 3 = 3.08-3.90; and series 4 = 4.11 up

------------------

71 Monte 454 HO 5- Speed "FULMNTE"

01 Camaro V6

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

------------------------------------------

newsig.jpg

------------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

montesmile.jpg

I believe that a 3 series carrier will accept any gear from 2.73 on up, I cant say I have ever heard of a 2 series carrier.The do make some 4 series gears that will fit on a 3-series center section.I just looked in Summit catalog and the Pinion is a different Diameter for a truck 12 bolt housing compared to a passenger car.So I dought that ring and pinion will work in your housing and now that I look at center secitons they seem to be different also.I believe a car center setcion uses the c-clips and I would assume a truck housing might have axles that are bolted in on the tube ends

------------------

Paul Carillon

71 ProStreet 454

My Web Page: www.carillon.net/sschevy

pic1a.jpg

[This message has been edited by BowtieThunder (edited 10-03-2003).]

i have not checked into this yet personally,but i have been told by several folks that TRUCK 12 bolt parts do not fit

CAR 12 bolts . he says its from an 80 suburban so i recommend you to check with someone on this point . i hope i am wrong for your sake but i wanted to let you know cause i have heard that .

mike

Bowtie, 2 series posi carriers do exist. I have one.

The guts of a truck 12 bolt rear and passenger 12 bolt rear do not interchange - Dave

------------------

10%20Monte%2042703.JPG