Problem Mechanics....

Well in serous debate here whether or not to bring back my car for serous repairs to a car shop a cursed out for giving 9k to and being completly ripped off.

Well everyone this is why you should never trust ANYONE, esp mechanic shops- always look over what you've payed for.

Well yesterday I noticed a block of wood below my car. Cracked through the plastic wheel well that was holding my battery up.

The inner plastic/aluminum fenders. Well I payed this shop amongst other things, to replace the battery tray and mount it. I noticed today I still have the original battery tray, an inner fender that cannot be repaired but replaced (were do I find the aluminum ones?), and a bolted onto the orginal battery tray- new battery mounting brackets so the battery would fit back to the orginal. Note here the orginal rusted away and most of it tore off.

Well i'm in debate with myself here. To take it back have them fix it (more than likley ruin something else), or wait and wait until I have the extra cash and replace it myself.

2nd time i've been ripped off, thank goodness for me my uncle is the number one recommended car repair investigator in the u.s.

=D

2nd time ripped off, 2nd time i'll shut down a car shop.

------------------

287735_1_full.jpg

1970 Monte Carlo * The Evil Beast

My Monte Page

lavapuffs@hotmail.com

i would say ask for some of your money back,if he doesnt come up with the cash.turn him into the b.b.b. or if you have any friend of a friend lawyer types send him a treat letter. gene

(were do I find the aluminum ones?), and a bolted onto the orginal battery tray- new battery mounting brackets so the battery would fit back to the orginal. Note here the orginal rusted away and most of it tore off.

Never heard of anyone selling aluminum replacement inner fenders. Most of the venders listed elsewhere on this site sell plastic or sheet metal replacement ones. They will also carry repro battery trays and hardware. Always check the work before you leave the shop.

------------------

Steve

I been there, done that. I was stuck in that trap of the "lifetime waranty" parts. Over and over I was towed or broken down and always ended up with a crappy free replacement. It was a hard circle to break but I had to cut my losses and go elsewhere to get the quality I expected.

I would not only ask for my money back but I would also demand they pay for any damages they created. If the refuse to comply with this request, I would then talk to a lawyer and have the lawyer send them a letter threating legal action.

I have used the BBB one time and came out of the experience knowing I would never go to them again. Don't get me wrong, in some areas the BBB may be a good thing. I will describe my experience after I finish with the rest of your question

I have never seen the aluminum inner fender wells, only plastic and metal.

Now back to the BBB and my experience. I worked with them for 3 months attempting to get an issue resolved and after the 3 months was up I had nothing to show for all my work and patience. With the BBB, they are acting as a middle man for negotiations. First of all they told me if the party I want to persue for the problem is not a member of the BBB they told me up front they can not have any influence with the party. Second, since the party you are going after is a paying member of the BBB the BBB doesn't want lose them as a paying member. If after the period of time is up in the negotiations, if the party you are persuing has negotiated in "good faith" the the issue is considered RESOLVED.

Bottom line is if you had a bad experience with them I would not go back to them for more work.

Rob

------------------

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here