Front end float?

Corvus

Hi all,

Been a good while since posting. I rebuilt the entire front end on the 70 Monte, but it still seems like there's a lot of "soak" in the front. Like when I go over speed bumps, the travel seems to soak up almost the entire bump and there is little feedback. Is this stock big body stuff, or do the springs seem too long? It looks a little high. 

The front end has Speedway tubular upper/lower CA, Moog balljoints, 6330 springs, and 245/60/15 MT Sportsmans on Rallys. Engine is a 305 and the car still has the heater box, but no AC compressor. 

Thanks for any info. 

-David

Tires properly inflated? Just throwing out an obvious one but you would be amazed how many people are driving around on 25 pounds or less.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I've checked the tires, but they are smaller than what was originally on there when I bought it (275 up front). I'm guessing it's a combination of light up front and lots of spring travel. Just bothers me that the 6330 are supposed to be the stock height for the small block Monte. Maybe because it's missing the AC compressor? That shouldn't be much though. Oh well, I'll probably either hack these up or pony up more bucks for some drop springs. Just seems like it sits high for what it's supposed to be. Thanks.